Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who WISHED Poyet HAD gone ?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I don't want any manager that is pimping himself for Chelsea or speaking to other clubs ...............integrity is what a good manager needs !!!!

I concur with this, notably, our chairman had no issue with allowing him to talk to Reading. Either he knew that Poyet wouldn't want it or he had no issues with allowing him to go. I have no problem with Gus being progressive and wanting to inhance his own career, thats life, but be a little less overt about it. Show some respect to your chairman, your staff, your players and your supporters. He was let off against Palace, a great result, two wingers and a centre forward starting, that was a first this season. Now he has to keep it going, from where we are now Gus has to get us to the playoffs to demonstrate that he has what is needed to be a manager in the top flight and i'm sure this can be done! BTW I thought the non coverage of this story by the clubs website was shocking!!!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I concur with this, notably, our chairman had no issue with allowing him to talk to Reading. Either he knew that Poyet wouldn't want it or he had no issues with allowing him to go. I have no problem with Gus being progressive and wanting to inhance his own career, thats life, but be a little less overt about it. Show some respect to your chairman, your staff, your players and your supporters. He was let off against Palace, a great result, two wingers and a centre forward starting, that was a first this season. Now he has to keep it going, from where we are now Gus has to get us to the playoffs to demonstrate that he has what is needed to be a manager in the top flight and i'm sure this can be done! BTW I thought the non coverage of this story by the clubs website was shocking!!!

The non coverage was because it was a non story. [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] commented, on this site, that he was listening to radio5live on the way home from the Palace match last Sunday, and Poyet was quoted, then, as saying that he had no interest in the Reading job.
All the speculation has come from SkySportsNews from Wed am until it was confirmed 36 hours later that Poyet was going nowhere and that he wasn't even close to going.
In the meantime Poyet was in Barbados.

Storm in a teacup.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The non coverage was because it was a non story. [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] commented, on this site, that he was listening to radio5live on the way home from the Palace match last Sunday, and Poyet was quoted, then, as saying that he had no interest in the Reading job.
All the speculation has come from SkySportsNews from Wed am until it was confirmed 36 hours later that Poyet was going nowhere and that he wasn't even close to going.

Storm in a teacup.

At last someone who has summed it up correctly.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Storm in a teacup.

Media, media, media, that includes the website. Whilst they trot out inane stories and interviews with players that are scripted or even ghost written, a simple line about the manager staying would have been informative. Instead as this non story moved on, I believe that our manager actually met with the Reading owners. when we're so close to the playoffs and our manager is distracted, it surely can;t be a non story. Poyet is becoming the Ericcson, linked with evry vacant job around.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Media, media, media, that includes the website. Whilst they trot out inane stories and interviews with players that are scripted or even ghost written, a simple line about the manager staying would have been informative. Instead as this non story moved on, I believe that our manager actually met with the Reading owners. when we're so close to the playoffs and our manager is distracted, it surely can;t be a non story. Poyet is becoming the Ericcson, linked with evry vacant job around.

That is the fault of the press not the club.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I never in a moment thought he would actually go. He's stated previously, it would have to be a 'special offer' tabled for him to leave. No disrespect to Reading but it would have been a step down eventually.

He's also said being at the Albion was a 5 year project to get us into the PL. I'm not entirely sure how his relationship is with the chairman/board at the moment considering recent comments he has made regarding budgets.

I personally don't think we're good enough to go up this year. However, with the right tweaking and new signings, I can see us going up automatically next year.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
Plus he's on holiday... the Argus and the other papers will actually print some news once he releases a quote confirming he is staying. This might galvanise the team for the Forest/Charlton/Leicester games.

Possibly the most important 3 games we've had in a long long time...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Plus he's on holiday... the Argus and the other papers will actually print some news once he releases a quote confirming he is staying. This might galvanise the team for the Forest/Charlton/Leicester games.

Possibly the most important 3 games we've had in a long long time...

The Argus already has, in effect.
Poyet stays with Albion From The Argus

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This thread is so pathetic. I never understand the people on here who seem to have a grudge against Gus but they all seem to come out of the woodwork here. They were clearly disappointed we won against Palace but then were able to slag him off again because of this.

As has been said, there is no proof that he even went to talk to Reading. If he did, he decided to stay here so why worry. I assume anyone having a go at him for thinking about moving has been at the same company all their life otherwise you are a bit of a hypocrite.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is up there with the worst threads in the history of NSC I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here