Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
England.

I've never been so sure in 36 years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hot conditions, long season with all the top players involved with Champions League, and the Spanish and English title races going down to the wire. Are these the conditions for a young, fit relatively Champions League-free side ready to cause an upset?

I fancy Colombia would have been a good outside bet if Falcao had been fit but I can't see them getting past the Quarters now.

In terms of England the likes of Wilshere, Barkley, Sturridge and Sterling have missed a lot of games so should be fresh. Even Rooney and Stevie G have only played 40 times this season. Roy Hodgson should therefore reap the benefits of Liverpool having missed out on European football.

Contrast that with some of the Spain side - Iniesta 52 club games, Xavi 47 games, Busquests 48 games, Sergio Ramos 51 games, Diego Costa 52 matches. A lot of the Bayern / Dortmund players have also played that much too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im on my phone with no option to vote in polls

they have the strongest squad in the competition and after 4 consecutive final four finishes in major tournaments NOW IS THEIR TIME

you'd probably be right if they werent in South America, but i cant see them coping well enough. Brazil or Argies.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interesting that no-one thinks Spain, the reigning World and double European Champions, will do it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ooh good call. A proper footballing powerhouse. It's a disgrace they haven't hosted a world cup yet.

I can't see beyond either Brazil or Argentina, but Brazil could easily go out in the first knockout round, as they'll be up against either Spain or the Dutch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to put my usual money on The Fatherland. This is their moment.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I reckon Brazil will buckle under the pressure. Belgium for me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Boringly, I'll say that Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina will be semi-finalists, with the two South American teams getting through to the final, and Aguero, Messi, et al disappointing the majority of the crowd in the big one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here