Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who will qualify for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Goldson scores an embarrassing own goal. Sums up their night.

See them in the Europa!

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Careful what you wish for. I love Glasgow, and have relatives there. But Rangers in Brighton? No thanks!
I’m from Glasgow and a childhood Rangers fan attending a number of games including old firm at Celtic Park as a teen.
I think that having a bunch of bears in Brighton would be no different to having a bunch of ultras from Greece visting.
The city won’t know what’s hit it either way. Glaswegians tend to visit Blackpool in the Glasgow fair….

Policing/logistics will be off the scale as we need to get them from pier to AMEX without a riot.
Palace is a cake walk in comparison to some of these teams

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
AEK Athens (Greece), Rakow Czestochowa (Poland) and Rangers (Scotland) have all qualified for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League!
This is because they lost their Champions League play-off matches...
Screenshot 2023-08-30 21.57.16.png

AEK Athens (Greece) lost 2-1 at home to Antwerp (Belgium) in the second leg, conceding a 1-3 defeat on aggregate.
Rakow Czestochowa (Poland) drew 1-1 at Copenhagen (Denmark), but were defeated on aggregate 1-2 and so Brighton will not be playing a team from Denmark in this season's Europa League group stage.
And, Rangers (Scotland) lost 5-1 (yes, that's right) away at PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands), losing 3-7 on aggregate.

Tomorrow, we will know the last 10 teams to qualify for the competition in the Europa League play-offs - which include Ajax (Netherlands)

EDIT: The list of qualified teams is on post #1, and the NEW pot projections are below...

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
AEK Athens (Greece), Rakow Czestochowa (Poland) and Rangers (Scotland) have all qualified for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League!
View attachment 165708
AEK Athens (Greece) lost 2-1 at home to Antwerp (Belgium) in the second leg, conceding a 1-3 defeat on aggregate.
Rakow Czestochowa (Poland) drew 1-1 at Copenhagen (Denmark), but were defeated on aggregate 1-2 and so Brighton will not be playing a team from Denmark in this season's Europa League group stage.
And, Rangers (Scotland) lost 5-1 (yes, that's right) away at PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands), losing 3-7 on aggregate.

Tomorrow, we will know the last 10 teams to qualify for the competition in the Europa League play-offs - which include Ajax (Netherlands)

EDIT: The list of qualified teams is on post #1, and the NEW pot projections are below...

So a 3 in 8 chance of going to Athens as they can’t be drawn in same group?!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
My reading of it from the perspective of ‘which pot will we be in?’ is: for Albion to be pot 2, we need at least *three* of these six to win their ties in tomorrow’s second legs: Luhansk, Mostar, Cukaricki, Ljubljana, Limassol, Sparta Praha. Their ties are the only ones that affect which pot we end up in, because they’re a team ranked below us, playing against a team ranked above us. They are all behind after the first legs, though five of them play at home tomorrow.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
My reading of it from the perspective of ‘which pot will we be in?’ is: for Albion to be pot 2, we need at least *three* of these six to win their ties in tomorrow’s second legs: Luhansk, Mostar, Cukaricki, Ljubljana, Limassol, Sparta Praha. Their ties are the only ones that affect which pot we end up in, because they’re a team ranked below us, playing against a team ranked above us. They are all behind after the first legs, though five of them play at home tomorrow.
You have probably researched this better than I have previously, so I'll take your word about wanting those teams to win for pot two, albeit unlikely.
The only thing is that I think it will be four of the six, right? Because if it was three, it would only make us the highest ranked team in pot three based on coefficient?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
You have probably researched this better than I have previously, so I'll take your word about wanting those teams to win for pot two, albeit unlikely.
The only thing is that I think it will be four of the six, right? Because if it was three, it would only make us the highest ranked team in pot three based on coefficient?
I worked it out last week and may have made a mistake but I was pretty damn sure when I did it. It also depended on three Chsmpions league qualifiers which have all gone the right way.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
View attachment 165708

Thank you as ever!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The winners of tonight’s Europa League play off round will join us in the group stages.

The losers drop into the noddy Conference League. The games are (with their current aggregate score)

Qarabag (Azerbaijan) v Ljubljana (Slovenia) 2-0

Limassol (Cyrpus) v Bratislava (Slovakia) 1-2

Sheriff (Moldova) v KI (Faroe Islands) 1-1

Sparta Prague (Czechia) v Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) 1-3

Zorya (Ukraine*) v Slavia Prague (Czechia) 0-2 *not playing in UKR atm for obvious reasons.

Ajax (Netherlands) v Ludogorets (Bulgaria) 4-1

Cukaricki (Serbia) v Olympiacos (Greece) 1-3

Lugano (Switzerland) v USG (Belgium) 0-2

Aberdeen (Scotland) v Haecken (Sweden) 2-2

Zrinjski (Bosnia&Herz) v LASK (Austria) 1-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here