[Football] Who will qualify for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Fair enough :) My wife keeps saying “Are you even listening?!” which I still think is a strange way to start conversations.

(stole that joke from somewhere, can’t remember where)
Just hoping we don't get BK Hacken (Gothenburg), as that might mean sleeping on the mother in law's floor....if I can get a ticket which looks v unlikely with their 6.5K capacity (Aberdeen only got 420 tickets)!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Do the three teams that get knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers tonight all go into the Europa League draw with us on Friday?
If not where do they go?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Do the three teams that get knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers tonight all go into the Europa League draw with us on Friday?
Correct! Currently it is...
HT: AEK Athens 0-0 Antwerp (0-1 agg.)
HT: FC Copenhagen 1-0 Rakow Czestochowa (2-0 agg.)
HT: PSV Eindhoven 1-0 Rangers (3-2 agg.)

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Do Rakow Czestochowa play their home European games at their 5000 capacity stadium?
Yes, they did but not for this play-off stage where they played at ArcelorMittal Park in Sosnowiec (Poland) for the first leg against Copenhagen.
Rakow will also not play at their 5,000 capacity stadium in the group stage of either the Champions League or Europa League.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Yes, they did but not for this play-off stage where they played at ArcelorMittal Park in Sosnowiec (Poland) for the first leg against Copenhagen.
Rakow will also not play at their 5,000 capacity stadium in the group stage of either the Champions League or Europa League.
Google tells me ArcelorMittal Park which was opened earlier this year only has a capacity of 11600. So nothing to get too excited about regarding getting to see the game for the more than about 600 away fans.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Correct! Currently it is...
HT: AEK Athens 0-0 Antwerp (0-1 agg.)
HT: FC Copenhagen 1-0 Rakow Czestochowa (2-0 agg.)
HT: PSV Eindhoven 1-0 Rangers (3-2 agg.)
Really want these reversed!! Please not - near Katowice , Athens or Glasgow! Holland, Belgium and Denmark for me please!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rangers pull 1 back. 2-1 (4-3 agg)

Edit. As you were. PSV score immediately

3-1 (5-3 agg)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports