[Football] Who will qualify for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I’ve been to a game at Braga, that would actually be a really good one to get in the draw! Spectacular and good sized stadium, nice place to visit, friendly fans (compared to some of the others!), not so difficult to get there. Plus a decent chance of beating them!

That Braga ground is great fun. The day we went, there was a festival where everyone was hitting each other round the head with foam hammers followed by a shed load of fireworks.

Archer63

Jun 9, 2023
Good luck buying tickets for Leverkusen in the home end with a UK address! I may try that as I already have a Leverkusen account You’re right they don’t often sell out but they do look like they’re going to have a great season this year, which might boost their crowds.
Prompted by your reply, you’re right about Villarreal, they provide 2000 for away fans.
I was due to be there with Glasgow Rangers just as pandemic started . The game was behind closed doors .
We bought tickets in the sections next to away section and loads of others did the same. On Leverkusen website just used hotel address and still was able to clear payment ... tickets dropped into email ... pdf print at home .
In the end ..once game was confirmed behind closed doors. Everyone I know Inc myself got email from Leverkusen in English to offer refunds and asking for bank account to send it to. Gave them uk details and refund came through ... so I would have no worries doing same again

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was due to be there with Glasgow Rangers just as pandemic started . The game was behind closed doors .
We bought tickets in the sections next to away section and loads of others did the same. On Leverkusen website just used hotel address and still was able to clear payment ... tickets dropped into email ... pdf print at home .
In the end ..once game was confirmed behind closed doors. Everyone I know Inc myself got email from Leverkusen in English to offer refunds and asking for bank account to send it to. Gave them uk details and refund came through ... so I would have no worries doing same again
What would Brighton's allocation be at Ibrox should we get to play there?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Once draw is complete i thought fixtures are known. E.g Week 1: Pot 1 v Pot 4 etc. The actual KO time may change but dates and venues confirmed straight after draw?

The fixtures are normally announced the day after the draw.

The schedule isn't as simple as Pot 1 v Pot 4 week one either. As you can see below, last season every group has a slightly different schedule, the only thing that is the same across all groups is that Week 1 and Week 6 fixtures are reversed. Same for weeks 2&5 and 3&4. The previous season was different still so the below should only be used as an example and won't actually mean if we get drawn in Group A we'd be away to the Pot 2 team first week (assuming we are pot 3)

Euro Schedule.jpg

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I am curious to understand what supporters of other clubs are thinking, like us if it's a good shout to get tickets for their (potential) away game against us? Pretty sure we would be high on the agenda given the seaside resort, lots of bars etc. Given we would be a new ground for the ground collectors I sense the away support could be very good? Leverkusen already know full well who we are and where we are and don't need to concern themselves with coming here.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I am curious to understand what supporters of other clubs are thinking, like us if it's a good shout to get tickets for their (potential) away game against us? Pretty sure we would be high on the agenda given the seaside resort, lots of bars etc. Given we would be a new ground for the ground collectors I sense the away support could be very good? Leverkusen already know full well who we are and where we are and don't need to concern themselves with coming here.
Well yes.

But given that we're one the third seeded teams for the groups, but bookies second favourites for the tournament, I reckon we're the one opponent that most teams will be praying are not in their group.

The consolation I suppose will be a lot of decent bard to go to if they do draw us!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well yes.

But given that we're one the third seeded teams for the groups, but bookies second favourites for the tournament, I reckon we're the one opponent that most teams will be praying are not in their group.

The consolation I suppose will be a lot of decent bard to go to if they do draw us!
Quite like the idea there could be football fans in Greece, or Turkey, or Austria watching the draw and praying they don't get us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite like the idea there could be football fans in Greece, or Turkey, or Austria watching the draw and praying they don't get us.
I've had a look at the Rennes forum and that's exactly what they're saying - let's hope we avoid Brighton, surely the best team in Pot 3. One poster says that they don't want to be in the group of death with Roma, Brighton and Freiburg.

I also had a look at the Leverkusen forum and couldn't see anything about the Europa League at all. Seeing that the first thread is entitled Fightclub, it does make wonder about their support.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had a look at the Rennes forum and that's exactly what they're saying - let's hope we avoid Brighton, surely the best team in Pot 3. One poster says that they don't want to be in the group of death with Roma, Brighton and Freiburg.

I also had a look at the Leverkusen forum and couldn't see anything about the Europa League at all. Seeing that the first thread is entitled Fightclub, it does make wonder about their support.
Leverkusen and Albion fans have a good relationship and often travel to support each other, eg...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well yes.

We are better than the third pot but this being our first venture into Europe means our seeding won’t reflect our true ranking across all the clubs involved. However I wouldn’t read too much into us being second favourites, English bookies will take more money on local clubs so will reduce the odds to protect themselves from potential losses.

For most fans we would be an attractive away trip because of the resort nature of Brighton and major airports close by, but we are probably one of the teams most clubs want to avoid as they know we are better than 3rd best in most groups.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

My wife and her Rennes supporting brother are from the Brittany city. Been to watch Rennes a few times over the years. A well run club, similar to ours in many respects.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I am curious to understand what supporters of other clubs are thinking, like us if it's a good shout to get tickets for their (potential) away game against us? Pretty sure we would be high on the agenda given the seaside resort, lots of bars etc. Given we would be a new ground for the ground collectors I sense the away support could be very good?

EPL is big across Europe so most fans will be aware of Brighton’s new reputation. I also think Brighton will be a popular destination for many in Western Europe as they can easily get here by car via Dieppe-Newhaven.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Watching Panathanikos v Braga and see nothing to fear from either of these teams

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports