Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who will qualify for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When are the fixtures out ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Why would LASK be dull? I'd quite like that one: visiting the home city of Kepler, Wittgenstein and Bruckner (let's just gloss over the Hitler connection) would be interesting. And it's on the Danube, which is always a plus in my book. It's a place rich in Austrian history too (I think it may have been the capital at one point). I've just checked what's on and Mutter Courage und ihre Kinder is playing in the first week of games and Der Freischutz is on later.

It would be pretty high on my list of venues.

Decent boozers and strip clubs too ;)

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
What an exciting week ahead! My only sadness is that I suspect there is little chance I would get to an away game as I am a mere A+ member and I accept there are 22,000 ahead of me in the queue! I suppose you never know what happens but I’ll be happy enough just seeing the home games. I’ve been to around 75 games overseas already and wouldn’t mind adding to that list if I had the chance but fair enough if I can’t - let’s see ...!
I know it’s been said before, but with away tickets likely to be limited to 5% of stadium capacity, there could be a lot of disappointment. Four of the 6 clubs we could face in pot 1 for example have ground capacities of 30k or less (Leverkusen, Atalanta, Villereal and Zagreb, whose ground is capped due structural problems). Fingers crossed for Roma or Ajax on the ticket buying front, and probably Ajax on the who we have the potential to beat front.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
I know it’s been said before, but with away tickets likely to be limited to 5% of stadium capacity, there could be a lot of disappointment. Four of the 6 clubs we could face in pot 1 for example have ground capacities of 30k or less (Leverkusen, Atalanta, Villereal and Zagreb, whose ground is capped due structural problems). Fingers crossed for Roma or Ajax on the ticket buying front, and probably Ajax on the who we have the potential to beat front.
Villarreal away section is the upper tier of one stand and is about 2k. Leverkusen often does not sell out and seats are available adjacent to Away Section..

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Had a quick look at previous away allocations at Pot 1 teams

Roma - 5k (Leicester 2022
Ajax - 2.6k (Liverpool 2022)
Villarreal - 2k (Atalanta 2021)
Leverkusen 1.5k (Celtic 2021) 2.3k (Spurs 2016)
Atalanta - couldn't find anything but capacity is 21k so 1k minimum
Dinamo Zagreb - 2.5k (City 2019) 2k (West Ham 2021)

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Villarreal away section is the upper tier of one stand and is about 2k. Leverkusen often does not sell out and seats are available adjacent to Away Section..
Good luck buying tickets for Leverkusen in the home end with a UK address! I may try that as I already have a Leverkusen account You’re right they don’t often sell out but they do look like they’re going to have a great season this year, which might boost their crowds.
Prompted by your reply, you’re right about Villarreal, they provide 2000 for away fans.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
What an exciting week ahead! My only sadness is that I suspect there is little chance I would get to an away game as I am a mere A+ member and I accept there are 22,000 ahead of me in the queue! I suppose you never know what happens but I’ll be happy enough just seeing the home games. I’ve been to around 75 games overseas already and wouldn’t mind adding to that list if I had the chance but fair enough if I can’t - let’s see ...!
I expect a lot of our teenage vaping fans who currently go to Premier League away matches will be at school.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Three teams will reach the Champions League group stage tonight with the three losers dropping down to join us in The Europa League.

All second legs start at 21:00 CET.

Young Boys vs Maccabi Haifa (0-0)
Galatasaray vs Molde (3-2)
Panathinaikos vs Braga (1-2)

Panathinaikos vs Braga is match of the day in the context of projected pots movement.

With elimination of Braga:

- Young Boys or Real Sociedad up to Pot 3 of the Champions League
- Marseille down to Pot 3 in the Europa League (same as us)
- Maccabi Haifa down to Pot 4 in the Europa League (which would be a good away day)

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Three teams will reach the Champions League group stage tonight with the three losers dropping down to join us in The Europa League.

All second legs start at 21:00 CET.

Young Boys vs Maccabi Haifa (0-0)
Galatasaray vs Molde (3-2)
Panathinaikos vs Braga (1-2)

Panathinaikos vs Braga is match of the day in the context of projected pots movement.

With elimination of Braga:

- Young Boys or Real Sociedad up to Pot 3 of the Champions League
- Marseille down to Pot 3 in the Europa League (same as us)
- Maccabi Haifa down to Pot 4 in the Europa League (which would be a good away day)
I’ve been to a game at Braga, that would actually be a really good one to get in the draw! Spectacular and good sized stadium, nice place to visit, friendly fans (compared to some of the others!), not so difficult to get there. Plus a decent chance of beating them!

Oct 18, 2020
Wales
Not to be stalky but I think (not certain as I don’t know their players so judging from photos on google) Dynamo Kyiv are sat opposite me in Bucharest OTP airport. They are going to Istanbul ahead of their game against Besiktas on Thursday (to qualify for europa!).

Attachments

• D5E9B87E-9A74-438B-AB64-7176F28FACDA.jpeg
    D5E9B87E-9A74-438B-AB64-7176F28FACDA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not to be stalky but I think (not certain as I don’t know their players so judging from photos on google) Dynamo Kyiv are sat opposite me in Bucharest OTP airport. They are going to Istanbul ahead of their game against Besiktas on Thursday (to qualify for europa!).

Shouldn’t they be fighting in a war or something ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Had a quick look at previous away allocations at Pot 1 teams

Roma - 5k (Leicester 2022
Ajax - 2.6k (Liverpool 2022)
Villarreal - 2k (Atalanta 2021)
Leverkusen 1.5k (Celtic 2021) 2.3k (Spurs 2016)
Atalanta - couldn't find anything but capacity is 21k so 1k minimum
Dinamo Zagreb - 2.5k (City 2019) 2k (West Ham 2021)
Hopefully we'll give teams 10% and this will be reciprocated.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Friday morning 1 September at 12:00 (BST)
My understanding was that is when the draw is, but the actual fixtures will be announced a couple of days later?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
My understanding was that is when the draw is, but the actual fixtures will be announced a couple of days later?
Once draw is complete i thought fixtures are known. E.g Week 1: Pot 1 v Pot 4 etc. The actual KO time may change but dates and venues confirmed straight after draw?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Once draw is complete i thought fixtures are known. E.g Week 1: Pot 1 v Pot 4 etc. The actual KO time may change but dates and venues confirmed straight after draw?
You may be right, just thought I'd read something that the specific fixtures are confirmed a day or two later.

I just had another moment of not understanding how big league we now are - I thought "What if some of these games get moved for TV?"

:lol:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I've seen that there has been a lot of discussion about when the fixtures for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League will be released.
I had a look myself and found that UEFA Rankings, a well-respected Twitter account, has reported that it will most likely be Saturday - a day after the draw.

This is because UEFA wants to prevent clubs playing in the same stadium or city on the same day, which will take some time to work out.
But I'm certain that Brighton will release these fixtures as soon as they acquire them - so I'll also recommend having a look during Friday afternoon.

EDIT: There have been some reports that the fixtures will be released on SATURDAY MORNING.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I see there's been a lot of questions about when the fixtures for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League will be released.
I had a look myself and found that UEFA Rankings, a well-respected Twitter account, is reporting that it will most likely be Saturday - a day after the draw.

This is because UEFA wants to prevent clubs playing in the same stadium or city at the same time, which will take some time to work out.
But, I'm certain that Brighton will release the confirmed fixtures as soon as they acquire them - so I'll also recommend having a look during Friday afternoon.

Yay - I hadn't gone mad.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Either late Friday afternoon - or Saturday - not as per the above I'm afraid, so we have a wait a few hours longer.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here