Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be leaving?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This with bells on - i would also include Baldock in that too - would be happy to recoup some of the £2m outlay on him!
Baldock? With quotes like these I wonder what calibre of striker people are expecting the club to sign? I thought Baldock played well last season considering he was on the wing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Walton on loan
sell if possible Colunga, COG, Chicksen Bruno or Calderon Holla.
I know you don't like Calderon, but he's just signed a new contract with Hughton's approval, so there is next to zero chance of him leaving.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right now the player that excites me the most about watching the Albion is Ince.

He scored the best goal of 14/15 vs Swindon and then put in the best tackle of the season vs. Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal. I want to see this lad go on and fulfil his potential, and I worry that with the return of Crofts then Hughton will bench Ince and start Kayal, Stephens and Crofts. I'd be happy for Holla to leave, he's done nothing to impress or excite me.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I would move on

Chicksen - Just don't think he will make it.
Holla - Think he will train on for a season here but would take a 'good' offer although would be happy to keep as a squad player.
Lua Lua - I think his fitness issues mean he will never live up to his potential. We need pace, but we need pace that can affect a game more often than Lua Lua does.
COG - If we can get most of our money back, not the worst but not someone who can get you out of this division. Otherwise squad player.
JFC - Not a hater by any means, but I would take a decent offer if one came along. Just not convinced there is much improvement to come. Hasn't trained on as much as I thought he would although half a season out of position didn't help him much. Can hold his own at this level but maybe not much more.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Based on last season I would say lualua, holla and JFC are doubts to remain here. Would be dissapointed to see any of those go though, particularly JFC.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Right now the player that excites me the most about watching the Albion is Ince.

He scored the best goal of 14/15 vs Swindon and then put in the best tackle of the season vs. Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal. I want to see this lad go on and fulfil his potential, and I worry that with the return of Crofts then Hughton will bench Ince and start Kayal, Stephens and Crofts. I'd be happy for Holla to leave, he's done nothing to impress or excite me.

Am with you on Ince. This season, I want to see him improve:
-- his heading, which is far too erratic for someone of his height
-- his control, he usually needs too many touches
-- his passing in the final third of the pitch
I also want to see him rampage forward with the ball more, and to chip in with a minimum of four or five goals. Finally, his contracts need extending until 2020, and for this to be done yesterday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Assuming most of the players we have signed in the last few years have had long term injuries or struggling to get " match fit", I would suggest that we need to keep a lot of the squad, especially at full backs( Bruno and Calderon ) as cover.

Personally I would offload COG and it looks like Colunga, and look to use some of our superstars in the development squad that we have bought so many players for.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I find it funny that so many people are now joining me in the LuaLua out camp... I've been saying it for years, the guy is very very poor and has an impact maybe 1 in 10 games he plays because pace doesn't freighten Championship defenders. Go play in League 1/2 where he'll have a field day but in the Championship you need intelligence and there's been no hint of any from him, ever.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Which maakes mee think it could be Bruno why do we need both as cover for Rosenior.
You're assuming that Hughton plans on using them both as right-backs, when at least Bruno can double up as a back-up in midfield/on the wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here