Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Who was your favourite Kent Waltham era all-in wrestler?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Read a book about wrestling written by one of the famous Bad Boys of wrestling. He said there was a regular venue when one old lady would regularly attach a lit cigarette to the point of her umbrella and stick him with it when holding an opponent down for a submission.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
A glorious staple of my childhood Saturday afternoons. And the best thing was that it was honest Panto and not trying to desperately convince you it's real like the ridiculous WWE ' sports entertainment '.

So many memories. Johnny Kwango and his head butt and Kendo Nagasaki always just managing to fend off an unmasking. All the ' baddies ' like McManus, Syd Cooper and Jim Breaks always wore the black singlets whilst the clean cut ' goodies ' like Johnny Saint wore the neat trunks. And not forgetting all the old biddies going mental down the front.

And then it was the classified results. Lovely stuff
A glorious staple of my childhood Saturday afternoons. And the best thing was that it was honest Panto and not trying to desperately convince you it's real like the ridiculous WWE ' sports entertainment '.

So many memories. Johnny Kwango and his head butt and Kendo Nagasaki always just managing to fend off an unmasking. All the ' baddies ' like McManus, Syd Cooper and Jim Breaks always wore the black singlets whilst the clean cut ' goodies ' like Johnny Saint wore the neat trunks. And not forgetting all the old biddies going mental down the front.

And then it was the classified results. Lovely stuff!
Like you and others this brings back fond childhood memories. When the Albion were playing away, Saturday afternoons were spent watching Wrestling on the black and white tv. Motorcross often featured ( Jeff Smith seemed to win everything) and the wonderful Eddie Waring was the Rugby commentator for teams like ‘Unslet, ‘Alifax, ‘Uddersfield and ‘Ull

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My sister Jackie was dating a guy called Mr. Pallo in NYC in the 70s. We were begging her to marry him.

Can't put his first name as he was apparently part of 'the family'

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I saw Mick MacManus at The Epsom Derby one year ……. I remember thinking he was a really small fat ****
Indeed.
Found myself standing alongside him in the Plough at Pyecombe and thinking the same thing. Didn't he wrestle at heavyweight?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
"Dropkick" Johnny Peters was a local hero, had a greengrocers along Church Road. Always a sell out at the Sports Stadium when he paired up with his tag team partner, "dazzler" Joe Cornelius

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Indeed.
Found myself standing alongside him in the Plough at Pyecombe and thinking the same thing. Didn't he wrestle at heavyweight?
Well he definitely tested positive for pies once.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
When it was more realistic Mick MaCMannus when it became more silly Big Daddy or Giant Haystacks

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nothing silly about a 40 stone Irishman fighting a bloke called Shirley.
Brilliant story Danny Baker told of two mountain rescue guys who were on their way somewhere half way up Snowdonia stopping to watch that fight with a portable radio mask on their Land Rover and on a 12 inch tv……. In a blizzard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here