Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Who was the first band you saw live.?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Iron Maiden at Middlesbrough Town Hall in 1979. I was 13. Didn’t tell my parents and me and a couple of mates came out at the end to be greeted by my very irate Dad. Great concert though, with Paul Di’anno on vocals rather than the rock cliche that followed. I barely listened to anything else they produced after those first two albums.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Jam supported by the Piranhas at the Brighton Centre 1980. Won the tickets through my Argus paper round. I was 13. Then saw Toyah in 1981 which to a 14 year old boy was just marvellous and The Cure at the Dome in 1982 where I became slightly deaf in my right ear.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The Cure, Head on the Door tour, Sept 1985.. Still at Fawcett then too (5A1 :dunce: )

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Guns N Roses 1993 at Milton Keynes Bowl. 16 and drank cans of hofmeister with a mate whilst waiting for the doors/gates to open, felt proper grown up and metal AF.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Bigwoods, a four piece band with a gorgeous brunette female drummer, at the Royal Exeter Hotel in Bournemouth, several times during their summer seasons in the late 1960's.

But if we are talking about acts that are well known, then Status Quo at the Empire Pool Wembley, circa 1972.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No names, no pack drill but there are some acts mentioned on this thread that you’d have had to drag me to. :lolol:

Actually I will mention one - Gary Numan, I’d rather stick red hot needles in my eye :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No names, no pack drill but there are some acts mentioned on this thread that you’d have had to drag me to. :lolol:

Actually I will mention one - Gary Numan, I’d rather stick red hot needles in my eye :wink:

Surprising amount of Heavy Metal being mentioned. Must have been very popular with youngsters back in the day.

Back then I would rather stick red hot needles in my eye than listen to Heavy Metal or Rock. I still feel the same way now.

Each to their own though and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here