Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was/is your favourite ever Albion captain

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Surprised at all those saying Dunk. He is a great player but in my view has some way to go to distinguish himself as a captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Did like Doug(the thug) Rougvie but gotta for Fozzy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So many great ones over the years, loved Cullip, Fozzie, Bruno, Dunky...... But Rougvie was a proper old fashioned hardnut......

Dont think he'd have any trouble keeping players in line.

Dougies evil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are so many old codgers on NSC :lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Horton by a country mile

Bruno was a fantastic professional and Capitano and is a close second

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Brian Horton by a country mile

Even though I didn’t realise that his voice was so high pitched until that speech after the Blackburn Rovers game. Saints and Spurs had just contrived a 0-0 at the Dell to cheat us out of promotion.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's a shame that there wasn't wall-to-wall TV coverage of football back in the late 1970s so that younger fans could now see what a great captain and player Nobby Horton was. Hard as nails, the ultimate box-to-box midfield player, a good passer and an inspiring captain who drove the team forward. In the 1979 promotion run-in he moved into the back four at Luton as we ground out a draw, and a couple of games later scored the opening goal to settle any nerves in the decider at Newcastle. And he had a stare that he gave any opponent rash enough to foul him that warned them not to even think of trying it again. As a player, the nearest thing we have had since was Danny Wilson, but I have hopes for Yves Bissouma.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I loved Cullip. Being at Withdean you could hear everything and I appreciate he probably went a bit too far sometimes with his ‘encouragement’ of team mates but he was exactly what we needed from a captain in those days.

Dunk is exactly what we need now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was Cullip - loved magnet head - but now it’s Dunky - one club legend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surprised at all those saying Dunk. He is a great player but in my view has some way to go to distinguish himself as a captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question wasn’t ‘who’s the best captain?’ though was it!!

Dunk gets my vote because he’s a fantastic player and incredibly loyal so he’s my favourite :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I loved Cullip. Being at Withdean you could hear everything and I appreciate he probably went a bit too far sometimes with his ‘encouragement’ of team mates but he was exactly what we needed from a captain in those days.

Dunk is exactly what we need now.

A few years back, I was at my local garage talking to one of the owners (big Albion fan) about Vicente. The bloke next to me joined in quietly, 'he has so much time when he is on the ball, sign of a quality player'. Of course I agreed with him. After I left I thought 'he looked familiar', it was of course Danny, so different to the one I watched at Withdean.

(Also seen/met at the garage Adam El Abd, PIG and had a lovely 20 min chat with Sir Norman Gall, while he waited for his mate to pick him up with his golf clubs). It's a very good garage, and I don't name drop.

I said Dunk over Nobby (Horton not Lawton) but I'm beginning to waiver ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here