Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was/is your favourite ever Albion captain

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This was my initial choice, more to do with it was my era and when I first started going to watch the Albion...

However how can you argue against Bruno or Dunk
Yeah Danny was the captain when I first started going, I thought he was brilliant.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yeah Danny was the captain when I first started going, I thought he was brilliant.

Iconic dynamo, pretty snazzy kit back then

Attachments

• wilson.jpg
    wilson.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 187

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brian Horton, for me. He kept a fairly disparate bunch with the potential to be wild on the straight-and-narrow - with excellent results.

Wilson was a great leader in times of falling standards and club instability.

Rogers / Cullip had a self-policing, self-disciplined group to work with.

Greer went about his job quietly and efficiently. Except on the pitch.

Bruno went way beyond what is expected of a captain, but again, he had a disciplined bunch in his side.

Dunk has the potential to be a great captain, but for me it's too soon - just one season - to judge.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Brian Horton without a shadow of a doubt, if things weren't going well for the team Nobby used to take control and more often than not created a chance or scored himself. He was a nightmare for referees, always in their ear, berating them challenging decisions and generally making a nuisance of himself. But what a leader, everyone knew who was boss, he was Mullery's sergeant at arms on the pitch, an Albion legend.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Nobby

Lawton that is. No, actually Dave Turner, in my mind a bloodied hero. No, wait a minute, probably Horton, or maybe Fozzie.

Hang on, what are the parameters here? Personality, charisma, nous, leadership, charisma, achievements, trophies, promotions or what.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Horton, didn't need an armband to provide a clue to spectators that he was the captain, you just knew from his actions and persona

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Horton, didn't need an armband to provide a clue to spectators that he was the captain, you just knew from his actions and persona

Very true. Arguing with so many ref’s decisions and geeing up the team whilst leading by example gave it away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here