Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was/is Albion's SLOWEST player?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Mark mccammon

Away at Leeds in c2005 (the yelldell match) he got into a race with a Leeds defender (I think butler) and I was in the Leeds end and everyone just started laughing.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Warren Aspinall…

IMG_2477.jpeg

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
This! The best crosser of the ball I have ever seen, would have been a fixture in the Premier League if he even had a whiff of pace rather than being a lower league fixture with Barnet.
agreed, Currie was a magnificent player. Great crosser and despite not possessing any pace could beat a man via sheer skill

Great signing as well, picked up on a free in the summer and sold for £250k a few months later

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Oh come on! Surely it was Jimmy Case when he returned aged 65 or something, under Brady? Ok, he was about 40. He literally walked everywhere!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Oh come on! Surely it was Jimmy Case when he returned aged 65 or something, under Brady? Ok, he was about 40. He literally walked everywhere!

He didn't need to run though, as he was always in the right place.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There was a fullback whose name I can’t remember. He was good for us in League One but got completely exposed in the Championship because of a lack of pace. Who am I thinking of?
Marcus Painter? He had a bad injury and when he came back from it he was very slow. However, never gave anything but 100%.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I remember when he returned from his injury and we played at Huddersfield. His lack of speed was obvious but he threw himself in front of everything. Fantastic in terms of commitment.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This! The best crosser of the ball I have ever seen, would have been a fixture in the Premier League if he even had a whiff of pace rather than being a lower league fixture with Barnet.
He loved the North London area and got homesick when he moved. But he had a great career. Mark McGhee doubled his money on him in the transfer market - I think he was bought for £500k and sold for a £1 million.

Edit: signed on a free and sold for £250,000.

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
The best crosser of a ball I ever saw at Withdean. He made it at the highest level eventually with Ipswich Town. Pleased for him.
afraid he didn't, they missed out on promotion that season. They needed to beat us on the last day to get automatic promotion and drew (which kept us up). They then lost in the play offs

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
He loved the North London area and got homesick when he moved. But he had a great career. Mark McGhee doubled his money on him in the transfer market - I think he was bought for £500k and sold for a £1 million.
He was signed for free and sold for £250k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here