Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was/is Albion's SLOWEST player?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Dean Hammond? Radostin Kishichev? Steve Claridge?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Gary Hobson, Ritchie Barker for me and obviously some of the very old boys back in the day… Steve Foster the return for example, Jason Peake was slow for a relatively young player…

I remember watching Ritchie attempt a quick break from the halfway line against Darlington (oh yes) he literally looked like he was running through treacle… strong forward, but by god he was slow.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ian Culverhouse and Stuart Tuck were pretty slow, hampered by a limp in their Gillingham years.

Fred Binney wasn’t what you would call rapid.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Andy Strollings
Brake Robinson

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
There was a fullback whose name I can’t remember. He was good for us in League One but got completely exposed in the Championship because of a lack of pace. Who am I thinking of?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
There was a fullback whose name I can’t remember. He was good for us in League One but got completely exposed in the Championship because of a lack of pace. Who am I thinking of?
Marcos Painter

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Darren Currie

This! The best crosser of the ball I have ever seen, would have been a fixture in the Premier League if he even had a whiff of pace rather than being a lower league fixture with Barnet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here