Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There was an English cat called One-two-three, and a French cat called Un-deux-trois. They entered a swimming race. The English cat won because the Un-deux-trois cat sank.

Cease immediately.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Hans? Dutch name surely, not German?

Nonsense - you get plenty of Hanses in both places but there's certainly an absolute ton of them in Germany. Of course they're practically the same language anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nonsense - you get plenty of Hanses in both places but there's certainly an absolute ton of them in Germany. Of course they're practically the same language anyway.

A greyhound walks in to a bar to see a horse preparing a PARMA ham sandwich for an Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman. He says to the horse "guess what, I've just removed all Northern Europeans and people of German and Dutch origin living elsewhere from my mobile."

"Is it Hans free?" asks the horse.

"Of course it f***ing is, How am I supposed to hold it with paws?" replies the greyhound.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A greyhound walks in to a bar to see a horse preparing a PARMA ham sandwich for an Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman. He says to the horse "guess what, I've just removed all Northern Europeans and people of German and Dutch origin living elsewhere from my mobile."

"Of course it f***ing is, How am I supposed to hold it with paws?" replies the greyhound.

Ah a tipped hat to one of my all time favourite threads. Good work. :clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Bravo, excellent reworking of an all-time favourite :thumbsup:

Since we can't decide which country owns "Hans":

I've removed all north European friends from my mobile. My address books is pretty much empty* now.

*except a few French people , 2 Italians and 3 Spaniards

It sounds top drawer now.

And Corellians?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ah a tipped hat to one of my all time favourite threads. Good work. :clap2:

Agreed. If anything could be ever designated NSC PLATINUM, that thread and that thread alone should be.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's not really a joke but I did laugh out loud at an exchange on the News Quiz years ago, when Mitt Romney was trying to become president. Apparently Mitt's first job was selling Mormonism door-to-door in France. It was a tough call but according to one of the panelists it would have been even tougher in Germany. "Just imagine, he'd know at the door and some old boy in leather shorts would answer it and Mitt would say "Hello, I'm Mitt Romney" and the old German would look over his shoulder and bark: "Then vere the 'ell is Romney?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here