Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who replaces Rosenior if he can't play Saturday?

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Taking nothing away from White because I haven't seen him play, I question why Ben Hall is not the backup considering he is older and has first team experience albeit with Motherwell.

Haven't seen him play but he only had 18 first team league matches there - including 0-7 beating by Celtic, 0-6 by Hearts, 1-4 by Aberdeen. I for one would be a bit concerned to see him make his debut in one of the hardest away fixtures of the season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Goldson had to cope.

He did and that was at the time effectively we lost out on promotion. I'm not saying that is his fault of course as it coincided with other significant injuries.

Goldson also had near on 100 league games under his belt, very different from a defender who has played once in the league cup against a poor reserve team.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Haven't seen him play but he only had 18 first team league matches there - including 0-7 beating by Celtic, 0-6 by Hearts, 1-4 by Aberdeen. I for one would be a bit concerned to see him make his debut in one of the hardest away fixtures of the season.

Bloody hell, fair dos, good bit of research...but at least he has some first team experience.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
White should be fine alongside Bruno and Dunk. I wouldn't hold any mistakes against him because every player gets something wrong during a game, but equally it's a good chance to rise to the challenge.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Might Goldson be back by Saturday? Seems to have gone very quiet on his progress. If he is fit then Bruno goes back to his usual position.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we are intending to use White on Saturday then one would think that he will play alongside Dunk against Oxford, instead of Dunk being rested.

Genuinely, of every single fit member of the Albion squad, Dunk is the absolute LEAST likely to be playing at Oxford in the cup.

He's our ONLY available senior CD, and has already started clocking up yellow cards. Not a chance.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Genuinely, of every single fit member of the Albion squad, Dunk is the absolute LEAST likely to be playing at Oxford in the cup.

He's our ONLY available senior CD, and has already started clocking up yellow cards. Not a chance.

So if we are going to play White on Saturday, you don't think it would be neccessary to play Dunk and White in a competitive game on Tuesday as prep?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So if we are going to play White on Saturday, you don't think it would be neccessary to play Dunk and White in a competitive game on Tuesday as prep?

We did that against Colchester plus they have training. We need to rest Dunk to avoid any possibility that he will miss Saturday for whatever reason. We may have a ref like Mike Dean tomorrow and anything could then happen as he considers that he has to be the focus of attention in all games

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We did that against Colchester plus they have training. We need to rest Dunk to avoid any possibility that he will miss Saturday for whatever reason. We may have a ref like Mike Dean tomorrow and anything could then happen as he considers that he has to be the focus of attention in all games
Indeed.

Imagine if Dunk got a red card vs Oxford.

Meltdown.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nope.

The benefits of playing them would be FAR outweighed by the risks (of both injury / suspension) in playing them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

He is only on 2 yellows and not likely to get a red or get injured unless one has a pessimistic view on it. I just think that if Dunk and White have to team up against Newcastle it would be an advantage to them if they played together on Tuesday. The Cup games are quite important for us and Ince isn't a CB anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here