Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is your Fab (attacking) Four to start against Luton?

Which four start against Luton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Left: Mitoma (then Adingra or Enciso)
Right: March (then Gross??)
CF: Joao Pedro (then Ferguson, then Undav)
10: Lallana (then Enciso, then Welbeck)

An embarrassment of riches. And obviously just about every one of them, bar Mitoma and Ferguson, can cover more than one of those positions.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Japanese reporter asked 'have you set Mitoma a target', RDZ replied '20 goals, and Solly March'.

That's right, he definitely says "15-20 goals, and the same for Solly March."

Sounds like we're in for some serious entertainment this season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's right, he definitely says "15-20 goals, and the same for Solly March."

Sounds like we're in for some serious entertainment this season.
I could see Adingra getting a few natural finisher I dont think March will get anywhere 20 ten would be a great return for him he’s not a natural finisher more of a smash and hope.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Absolutely now way solly and mitoma are getting bumped after last season because Adingra scored a couple in a friendly.

Ferguson

Mitoma lallana March

To start.

May well go to two up front depending on chasing / killing the game off factors.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I’d be really surprised if it isn’t welbeck march and mitoma + 1. The kids will be used as impact subs

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
March, Mitoma, Pedro and Welbeck for me.

I do however feel that Mitoma needs to up his game to the levels we saw last season and can genuinely see Pedro playing on the left side of the attack instead of him if he doesn’t

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Quarts and pint pot's. o_O.Anyone else pleased they changed to the 5 sub rule?
One things for sure we will have some serious talent sitting on the bench.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not much love for Deniz round these parts, our most reliable goal scorer in the last month of the 22/23 season

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know that progress is progress, and that changes always happen - but I would be very disappointed (looking at the various options suggested on this thread) if this is the start of Solly being gradually edged out, and Ferguson's progress being hindered through not playing often enough.
Yeh, I know, glass half full and all that, and no room for sentiment in football ...................... but - guess I'm sentimental then .........................
I was only thinking of selection for the Luton game and Adingra’s performance last night. No reflection at all on Solly who will likely and rightly play most games.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I was only thinking of the Luton game and Adringa’s performance last night. No reflection at all on Solly who will likely and rightly play most games.
Have I missed an in joke where we are all spelling his name wrong accidentally on purpose? If so, I'll let it go, but if not, one more and I'm going to have a big tantrum. I even noticed it spellt wrong on the official site recently!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We will play with many familiar faces for the season opener. March, Mitoma & Welbeck if fit will all start plus Lallana/Enciso there will be time for Adingra & Pedro to get minutes probably during the second half but neither likely to start especially considering how unknown Luton will be as a quantity

Seagull Stew

Left: Mitoma (then Adingra or Enciso)
Right: March (then Gross??)
CF: Joao Pedro (then Ferguson, then Undav)
10: Lallana (then Enciso, then Welbeck)

An embarrassment of riches. And obviously just about every one of them, bar Mitoma and Ferguson, can cover more than one of those positions.
Unless we get a crazy amount of injuries, I think the days of Pascal Gross playing (regularly) in an attacking midfielder role are long gone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unless we get a crazy amount of injuries, I think the days of Pascal Gross playing (regularly) in an attacking midfielder role are long gone.
After March, who else is there, that is actually effective out there? Mitoma and Adingra heavily favour the left..Enciso turns to shite when put out there, and Buonanotte is completely ineffective.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Joao Pedro looks a hell of a player, and I've voted him to start. But it wouldnt surprise me if RdZ kept him on the bench until he has fully got to grips with his role in de Zerbiball.

A couple of times in the Brentford match he was clearly supposed to be dropping into midfield to open up passing opportunities and didnt do so, including a pass from Steele which went straight to a Brentford player as a result and led to a chance. It's not an issue at this stage, he just needs some more practice with the patterns of play expected of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here