Wolves (D)
Sheff Utd (L) and (D)
Villa (D)
Pal*ce (L)

I think my middle name is Jonah so I’m staying away for a bit

That sounds like a plan Nobby. :clap2:

TheSoviet

Jan 21, 2020
the amex has lacked conviction. potter tinkling with the lineups and leaving out our best options. the players are not being led

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Could the person who voted for Chris Hughton please ''self isolate'' - You obviously have a fever

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Surely it’s a mix of the board, the manager and the players. Each bare responsibility to our current predicament. HOWEVER, neither the board or Potter can put the ball in the net. That’s down the players and it’s not like they haven’t had the chance to do it on many occasions.

Exactly this, midnight! Pretty much what I was about to post!:thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely it’s a mix of the board, the manager and the players. Each bare responsibility to our current predicament. HOWEVER, neither the board or Potter can put the ball in the net. That’s down the players and it’s not like they haven’t had the chance to do it on many occasions.

Perhaps our forwards/‘scoring’ midfielders simply aren’t as good over a season as those at other clubs eg Stains, Wolves, CP, Burnley?

It’s one being in the right place at the right time, but another entirely to hit the back of the net under pressure in front of the cameras and crowd.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well? Tinkerman, Ashworth. Bloom, Hughton, THE PLAYERS ?

I wouldn't want to put it on anyone in particular, but the whinging knicker wetters don't help.

This was my thoughts in another thread.

Been off NSC for February.

Wasn't expecting the panic to have set in, with a 3 game unbeaten run before the Palace match.
Is it a virus???

We did dominate them in every area apart from goals.

So we are hardly in a position to even think about changing a manager, 25 shots at home in a derby, has this ever happened before?

Potter is the man, but he needs some of the guys to get their shooting boots on.
With a GD of just -8, it shows we are no walkover.

We will be fine if you back the lads vocally, now is the time to give everything as a fan to gain that extra bit to take us over the line, if you are going to turn up and whinge it will not help the youngsters like Maupay on the pitch.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagulls.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Are you stupid or what?

Aren't you aware that after we voted to leave the EU, Brighton and Hove Albion have stormed The Championship and survived (so far) two and a half seasons in the PL, including victories over Spurs, ManU and Arsenal, plus doing the double.
The Gillingham and Withdean days, bobbing around the bottom of the football leagues, all while in the EU. Brighton fans should be grateful for this country's change of direction which saw us storming into the PL! Heaven forbid we should ever go back to Hereford away just to survive!

That's never going to happen, once Brexit kicks in you won't be allowed more than 96 cubits from your workplace or domestic unit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
When you consider one of our best chances on Saturday was effectively as good as the champions elect 2 goals against us, but it hit our best striker in the face, one has to question the players, or some of them at least.

For me Ashworth is an unknown, but definitely a 'contributory factor' Having said that Potter signed up knowing he was in place, its CH who got ****ed over.

Potter has been a little erratic I think.
Players have been inconsistent and some look confused . . . .

If Potter is as good as we hope/many think, then half our players aren't skilled/intelligent enough to deliver.

Some blame everywhere . . . .if TB needs a dig then not buying a proper striker 3 years ago was a,mistake.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We've blown enough decent chances to have won half a dozen more games easily. Should be safe by now, so the players need to shoulder a lot of the blame.

It was a very bad call by Bloom to appoint an inexperienced manager, even if the experienced achieving manager did need to go. But it will be Bloom who will bear the brunt of that mistake

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Every season, week, match in football there is a huge amount of variance/luck which can define your season.

Our underlying numbers last season were very very poor. Worse than Cardiff’s. However in a few tight games we scraped some 1-0 wins, with opposition missing big chances and us grabbing a goal from minimal opportunities. The idea that luck equals out over season is a load of shite, it doesn’t.

Basically we got a bit lucky. Many other years we would have gone down. That’s not taking anything away from Hughton, but the point is just because he kept us up, that alone should not be where the judgement starts and ends.

This season our underlying numbers are better, the first half of the season was far better but luck/variance went against us and we dropped points that maybe 8/10 times we would have banked.

That seems to have affected the teams confidence but even since Christmas, I think in general we have been quite “unlucky”.

With the budget we have, relegation is always gonna be a possibility as the line is so fine between us and the other bottom teams. That doesn’t mean Bloom ****ed up with getting Potter in, and it certainly doesn’t make Potter “clueless”, because so much of what has happened is out of his hands. We have missed big chance after big chance, and been punished.

It wouldn’t have taken that much change in luck for us to be 10 points better off and us worried that potter is gonna be knicked by the FA for the England job. They’re the fine lines.

The big chances you mention are down the to one thing quality and we don’t have any fact! Murray Maupay and Connolly not good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here