Who is to blame for this horrendous PR gaff ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe I am stupid but why not make the decision to sack Poyet TODAY and not yesterday knowing he was live on BBC 3 in a hour or so ?

I have no idea, it will probably become clearer sometime soon. Until then I'm willing to believe that the club's hand was forced in some way. I agree it wasn't ideal though I'm not sure it was vindictive or a PR gaffe. Time will tell.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What is stupid about saying the club should have made the decision and released the statement TODAY ?

Perhaps because everybody (including, I suspect, you) knows that Poyet doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut?

Anybody who thinks Poyet would have waited until this morning before saying anything are probably booked on this year's mermaid spotting cruise out of Narnia.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Please can someone explain to me as I am not getting it. Why was the decision and press release not made today instead of releasing it around 8 pm yesterday knowing Poyet was live on air within minutes ? It allowed him to do what he did and spin it in anyway he wanted with no right of reply from the club ? Please explain why it was released yesterday, why the need when releasing it today would have avoided all the bad pr ? Thanks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Perhaps because everybody (including, I suspect, you) knows that Poyet doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut?

Anybody who thinks Poyet would have waited until this morning before saying anything are probably booked on this year's mermaid spotting cruise out of Narnia.

when did poyet comment before the match started..or was it at half time?....would/could he of commented unless asked the question in the first place? If the club hadnt released anything would Chapman have asked him about how things were going?...that we will never know

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stop it please!

Try as you might, it's impossible for you to undermine your credibility any further

I only really care what friends , family and colleagues think of me tbh so I aint going to lose any sleep over it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have no idea, it will probably become clearer sometime soon. Until then I'm willing to believe that the club's hand was forced in some way. I agree it wasn't ideal though I'm not sure it was vindictive or a PR gaffe. Time will tell.

That's how I see it. After more than 4 weeks of absolutely nothing coming out of the club it is highly unlikely that they would suddenly rush such massive news out in the way they did and when they did.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Please can someone explain to me as I am not getting it. Why was the decision and press release not made today instead of releasing it around 8 pm yesterday knowing Poyet was live on air within minutes ? It allowed him to do what he did and spin it in anyway he wanted with no right of reply from the club ? Please explain why it was released yesterday, why the need when releasing it today would have avoided all the bad pr ? Thanks.

thing your wasting your time ..certain peeps are set on poyet is wrong no matter what and the club always right...the very thing they blame the poyet 'lovers' of

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

If we had decided to sack him today he would have had nothing to say.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why was Poyet told yesterday and not today? I'm sure most peoples employeers would not contact you and sack you on a Sunday evening. Why was this all not kept underwraps until this morning.

The staff at the club are doing a very poor job IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Only the club and possibly Gus knows, so you're pissing in the wind with that request at the moment. I am inclined to think they had a reason that will become apparent soon.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

hopefully time will tell...all we have is speculation again...but thats life isent it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why was Poyet told yesterday and not today? I'm sure most peoples employeers would not contact you and sack you on a Sunday evening. Why was this all not kept underwraps until this morning.

The staff at the club are doing a very poor job IMO.

This is the question no one seems to be able to answer. I am pleased it is not just me and apparently asking this basic question means any credibility I had is now gone. Strange World.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The club would have absolutely no sway with how the BBC would conduct any interview, especially in a BBC studio.

Please read again.... approach them and if the BBC say we will do what we want then release statement saying BBC weere also informed. This then cuts off the 'sacked live' spin.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Football is not a 9-5, Mon-Fri industry. They can sack him when they like. What don't you understand?

Why it was not done TODAY ! LOL. The whole thing is going round and round in circles. It is a split and fans divided. I think the best think is to take some time out from this farce. It will all becoming clear over the next few weeks I guess and then when we actually all know the true facts we can bounce threads and score points against each other can't we.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I only really care what friends , family and colleagues think of me tbh so I aint going to lose any sleep over it.

A small tight circle who live their lives as in a film? or do they refuse to join in your fantasy world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports