Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Is The Scapegoat For Us Not Being Promoted ?

Who Is To Blame For Not Getting To The Play-Off Final ?

• James Wilson

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • James Wilson

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • James Wilson

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
How about the 4 Premiership refs , Pawson , Dean , the ref against Derby and the ref tonight all cost us points . I thought all 4 were pretty crap , can't believe that is the best we got in this country

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no one. it just wasnt quite enough. if you want to be harsh, the club managment who didnt get in enough for the bench. when we lost half the first team we simply werent good enough - forget the loss to Middlesbrough, what about the 2-0 at Rotherhm when they were bottom (? or there abouts). that period is where we lost the promotion.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Personally blame God. He really wasn't pleased about the i360 being an eyesore for our beautiful coastline so he took it out on us, obviously.

Mike Dean really did us in though, glad we aren't in the Premier league so we don't have to be reffed by that prime cockend

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who Is The Scapegoat For Us Not Being Promoted ?

Well, obviously it's Mrs. Elvira Briggs. of 103 Church Lane, Bugglesford.

Burn the witch!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Xmas period
Poor against the top 6
Had to produce a result from Burnley / Derby / Boro games and couldn't

That is what did it, nothing else

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Even the Wednesday manager at the end said Brighton didn't deserve this. We got unlucky.

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Only one person to blame, whoever did not find the the players or wherewithall to sign 2 quality strikers.

Keep the backbone of this team together, add two quality strikers and bingo! Champions!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Charlie poxy Austin played one half for QPR all season and had to be against us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only one person to blame, whoever did not find the the players or wherewithall to sign 2 quality strikers.

Keep the backbone of this team together, add two quality strikers and bingo! Champions!

Nothing to do with strikers - we just didn't have enough left backs. Surely every damn fool can see that?

theboybilly

To be fair, Burnley probably did.

Even if they did (I personally can't see it) this division has been the hardest and closest-run for years and the Albion should take great credit for helping it be so. Apart from the basket-case that is Bolton and, maybe, MK Dons most sides have been very capable of beating anybody else, but this was no 2013/14 when we made the play-offs largely because other contenders dropped points to gift us 6th spot. It's been a wonderful season and we were pipped by 2 very good sides....one very strong physically and the other a classy footballing outfit (who I think will thrive in the PL). We just came up a little short and are not doing ourselves any favours by harping on with conspiracy theories that just don't wash.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I blame Calleri.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Not trying to scapegoat because he's obviously been one of our best players this season, but Dunk's rash challenge against Derby was a big reason we didn't win against Derby, Boro or Wednesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here