Who is the BEST player in the division at the moment?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
NOT including loan players.

Could be Vicente Rodriguez now! But he hasn't played yet, so who are the other candidates?

Who is our top man? Nooney or CMS?
Then you have:
Marvin Emnes
Adam Lallana
Kevin Phillips
Neil Danns
Kevin Nolan
Michael Chopra

Personally I'd go for Lallana.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can only go on what I've seen live so far this season - which is

Noone for us
Super Kevin Phillips out the rest of them.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't think of many players in the Championship who would have had as distinguished a career as Vicente Rodriguez.

On evidence I'd say it's Philips.
And he's consistent at banging them in.
Chopra has been decent, and obviously Nolan has a good record.

Until a few days ago, Scott Parker would have been on that list.
What have/will West Ham do with the 5.5mil they got for him?

Edit; I see they got Bentley and Lansbury in as season-long loans though - not too shabby!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I see him week in, week out. Lallana. I literally cannot believe he is still playing for us! The lad has it all, pace strength, technical ability, two great feet, chips in with goals as well as tracks back. He has had oppurtunities to go to the premier league on a couple of occasions and I thought we'd lose him when we got relegated as Wolves put in a bid, but he didn't want to leave. Not often that you see that kind of loyalty in the game, but he has the potential to become an absolute legend at our club. The only thing I can think of is that he has decided to repay the club for sticking by him when he had to have heart surgery when he was a nipper.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Same as Barnes

and Connolly.

Incidently I believe you could put Jack Cork in the same bracket as the players mentioned, the lad is a class act with premier league experience and only young.

Also Gelson Fernandes isn't too shabby.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think it's a toss up of Dunk/Bridcutt/Noone or CMS or Barnes (for number of goals scored) being our top preformers, difficult to choose between them.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Lallana for me, that's just based on the tv highlights. Surprised nobody picked him up in the transfer window.

I doubt anyone would be willing to meet our valuation of him in all honesty. He is integeral to our side and Cortese knows that! Chamberlain went for £15million, I expect Cortese would want a similar fee for Lallana's services. It's great being in a position where you don't need to sell players for the club to survive. The situation of both our clubs have changed so so much in the last 5 years!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports