Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the best exponent of the ‘dark arts’ at the Albion?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Pascal Gross, he's obviously the most valuable Seagull and has a propensity for getting under the skin of the oppo players by seemingly being ever present in their faces and harassing the oppo players every step they make.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There was a player who crocked Rosenior's knee early in the season with an awful tackle that put him out for several months. The next time we played them Brighton players fouled him in rotation for the whole match.
Edit: It was against Birmingham and he missed 30 matches.

But wasn't that a favour to the Albion because Rosenior was not a very valuable player at the time and Brighton went on to the Premier League and have become a much more accomplished side without Rosenior.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
OK, if @Bodian is right about Veltman knowing he wouldn't get booked when he scythes down a Fulham player later on, I assume that's 2 less 'anti-football' charges against Fulham.

1 It wasn't a feigned injury

2 Veltman's shithousery.

😄

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Tariq did a dive and clutch tonight at Stoke.

Understandable given how dirty the Northern bastards were throughout the match.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We sent defenders up and tried to score from a long corner in injury time. Luckily Undav had enough awareness to prevent the keeper doing a quick hoof downfield.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We sent defenders up and tried to score from a long corner in injury time. Luckily Undav had enough awareness to prevent the keeper doing a quick hoof downfield.
Superbly done. His blocking (see also, previous round) is way ahead of his goalscoring atm, sadly

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
If Veltman is the master of the dark arts then Mitoma is his polar opposite....or is he? He smiles and high fives and hand slaps defenders who have just chopped him down or shoved him into the hoardings. I know the Japanese are culturally super polite but thats ridiculous.... or is it a dark arts double bluff?? Kick me and I'll thank you for it! You will not wind me up but I'll wind you up by accepting your brutality with a surprisingly pleasant reaction. I saw him do this a couple of times earlier in the season and he was doing it again last night.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If Veltman is the master of the dark arts then Mitoma is his polar opposite....or is he? He smiles and high fives and hand slaps defenders who have just chopped him down or shoved him into the hoardings. I know the Japanese are culturally super polite but thats ridiculous.... or is it a dark arts double bluff?? Kick me and I'll thank you for it! You will not wind me up but I'll wind you up by accepting your brutality with a surprisingly pleasant reaction. I saw him do this a couple of times earlier in the season and he was doing it again last night.
My lad was quite aggressive at U16 level and got into scrapes with the refs a few times. I told him to say sorry when he kicked someone into touch because I had seen Italians do this on the TV. He was having none of it until one day he did do it. He soon realised that it wound up the oppo even more and carried on doing it!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
My lad was quite aggressive at U16 level and got into scrapes with the refs a few times. I told him to say sorry when he kicked someone into touch because I had seen Italians do this on the TV. He was having none of it until one day he did do it. He soon realised that it wound up the oppo even more and carried on doing it!
I used to blow kisses

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here