Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the Albion's greatest ever cult hero...

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
For me:

Ian Baird - Once chested the ball into the net at the back post (I was 7 and thought it was the greatest bit of skill I had ever seen).
Rodney Thomas - Got sent off for the best one handed diving save at Gillingham (I was 9 and thought it was the best thing I had ever seen).
Vicente - I was 23 and he is still the best thing I have ever seen play for the Albion

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Barry Butlin for the wonder goal (probably just me, here)

Harry Wilson, for one or two legendary displays, and for aggravating my dad :lolol:

Former Dutch Marrine (chef) for a little madness along with the genius (i.e., the 'step back' goal at Aldershot)

Peter Ward (for making the Albion a club to watch - for the first time)

Bobby Zamora, for bringing us hope when we had little reason to expect any

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
technically it should be Charlie Webb

personally it's Wardy for me

lots of other candidates

Bloom
Bamber
Mullers
Zamora

poll needed I fancy

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One of the two Leons probably, or Mickey Thomas.

Oh, sorry, cuLt.

In that case, I'll go with anyone from this list:
Kraay*, Crumplin, Calde, and in a funny way, silky Dave Cameron - a man who thought he was brilliant, despite being utter turd and failing to score in a team that created chances with ease. He had one game at home to Lincoln where he was ace. He still didn't score, we didn't even win. Then he joined them and scored against us. :lol:

I'd have said OGH too, but as far as I'm concerned he moved from status as cult hero (where he was the only player worth paying to watch for one and a half seasons) to club legend for his involvement in two or three promotions and loyally stayed here for years.

*I was the original "hans kraay fan club" on here, before the current mong STOLE my name.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Barry Izbak's definition would lead me to nominate Brian Clough. Only here a short time, tick. Had a massive impact on the team, (by sacking most of them) Biggest ever losses under or as a result of his management. Much was expected but not delivered by a Manager that was already a Legend in his and other peoples minds when he rocked up at the Goldstone.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Calde - not the greatest actual football player we've ever had, but there's so much more to him than just what he does on the pitch.

Maybe its just me, but I'm sure that when either he or Bobby scores I go just slightly more mental than I would if another player had scored the exact same goal in the exact same circumstances.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Oh, sorry, cuLt.

Kraay*, Crumplin, Calde, and in a funny way, silky Dave Cameron - a man who thought he was brilliant, despite being utter turd and failing to score in a team that created chances with ease. He had one game at home to Lincoln where he was ace. He still didn't score, we didn't even win. Then he joined them and scored against us. :lol:

I'd have said OGH too, but as far as I'm concerned he moved from status as cult hero (where he was the only player worth paying to watch for one and a half seasons) to club legend for his involvement in two or three promotions and loyally stayed here for years.

*I was the original "hans kraay fan club" on here, before the current mong STOLE my name.

#InfractionIssued

Oh, sorry, cuLt.

Hans is Eeeeeeeevil.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dean Wilkins.... Because he wasn't Butch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The ones that leap to my mind are Ward, Zamora, Reinelt, Storer, Ulloa, Calders, all for different reasons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here