Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our most valuable player currently?

Who is our most valuable player currently?

• Robert Sanchez

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Tariq Lamptey

Votes: 47 21.1%
  • Yvies Bissouma

Votes: 126 56.5%
  • Leandro Trossard

Votes: 32 14.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Voted 'Other' - Cucurella. Only 23, the boy would appear to have unlimited scope to play at the highest level. Just shades it over Lamptey for me, with Bissouma a tad over-rated. We shall see eh?

Cucurella shading it over Lamptey? really? Cucurella iks a fine player l'l grant you, but Tariq is a class above Shirley?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've said 'other'. Biss may be the best player but it is a very close thing. But his Chelsea performance certainly opened a few eyes.
BUT Cucarella, Lamptey, March and the rest all played well and we could easily get big money for any of them if a team needed to fill a certain spot.

You were doing well there, until you mentioned us getting big money for Solly!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As a matter of principle, would you be happy if any of our players were sold to Newcastle?

Even if for a ridiculous fee.

Locardia et al don't count obvs.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Trossard.

He’d fit into a CL team.

Was my vote too

(Btw, your PM is maxed, you need to delete some. How are you recovering? And a very HNY to you Sir!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Am I really the first to vote 'other' for Webster?

He's our most expensive signing (albeit I have read Mwepu cost a wee bit more)

If 'valuable' means the one who would fetch most if sold during the current transfer window, and Tony would agree to the sale, I guess it would be Bissouma.

If by 'valuable' you mean who might we get the monst money for at some point in the future, I suspect again it's Bissouma, since Lamptey is likely to do a Michael Owen before we get a chance to sell him.

If by 'valuable' you mean who would I least like to see leave during the current window than I think it would be Neal Maupay, simply because I wouldn't want to hear that THPP, Statbro and several others have all topped themselves.

surprised at Biss's dominance in this vote - hes had a very poor (by his standard) first half of the season. I guess we'll find out his value if anyone puts in a bid during the transfer window...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Surprised there’s no option for our new £50 million striker? Current valuation and a long contract, Shirley it’s him?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Trossard is the marquee player at the moment I would say, so I have gone for him. Age and contracts may make a difference in the actual market, but Leandro is a match winner, sometimes from nowhere.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
How is it not Lamptey? 5 years younger than Bissouma, longer left on his contract, and not that much worse than Bissouma in ability IMO.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Lamptey for me, age on his side, potential already being realised at this level,.. probably circa 50m in my view.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
My vote went to Sanchez because of the market in his position. You don’t get much top class keeper to the pound these days. Kepa and Mendy at Chelsea (RS is better than both), Becker and Edison at Liverpool and city respectively are 70- 80 million pound keepers and he’s not far off that level. Or won’t be in a couple of years.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My vote went to Sanchez because of the market in his position. You don’t get much top class keeper to the pound these days. Kepa and Mendy at Chelsea (RS is better than both), Becker and Edison at Liverpool and city respectively are 70- 80 million pound keepers and he’s not far off that level. Or won’t be in a couple of years.

Exactly my thinking, he still makes the occasional howler but now becoming fewer, by this time next Season I can't see a better Keeper in the League?

PS obvious that Biss is the most likely to go...

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Depends how you define value but Adam L i believe earns the most. I personally lok for Dunk on the team sheet first followed by Duffy so in that respect I value them.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Depends how you define value but Adam L i believe earns the most. I personally look for Dunk on the team sheet first, followed by Duffy so in that respect I value them. Biss would command highest fee if entire squad was up for sale.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Depends how you define value but Adam L i believe earns the most. I personally look for Dunk on the team sheet first, followed by Duffy so in that respect I value them. Biss would command highest fee if entire squad was up for sale.

I think given the Jan transfer window is just opened, the question is who is the most valuable to purchase for a potential suitor, not who is most valuable to the team right now - hence the poll is a limited number of players.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Lamptey over Bissouma purely because of the length of contract. Lamptey is far from the finished product however you could argue the same for Ben White and he went for £50 million.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If they were all on contract for another 5 years the answer would be Bissouma but that isn't the case unfortunately for us. He is gone for a giveaway price this winter or next summer.

The answer is Lamptey which isn't the same as whom our best player is.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If I had a huge amount of money to invest in a player who:

1) Has the ability to save points through great defensive work
2) Has the potential to win points by making things happen in the final third
3) Never stops running for the team
4) Is an exceptional reader of the game
5) Seems unlikely to attract headlines for the wrong reasons
6) Shows potential to just get better and better

… I’d be looking at Cucu. What a class act and a huge talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here