Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our most valuable player currently?

Who is our most valuable player currently?

• Robert Sanchez

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Tariq Lamptey

Votes: 47 21.1%
  • Yvies Bissouma

Votes: 126 56.5%
  • Leandro Trossard

Votes: 32 14.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably Bissouma, he’s getting a lot of praise everywhere.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Voted 'Other' - Cucurella. Only 23, the boy would appear to have unlimited scope to play at the highest level. Just shades it over Lamptey for me, with Bissouma a tad over-rated. We shall see eh?

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
Lamptey due to age and nationality. Only doubt is his ability to stay free of injuries. If he sees out this season without any setbacks then he'll be worth more than White.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Trossard.

He’d fit into a CL team.
. He would. Problem is no sign of him signing a new contract ( he surely would have done so by now) therefore may have to be sold this summer unless we win the Cup or qualify for Europe. That might persuade him to stay but that’s a long shot isn’t it. More likely he’ll leave in the summer to a bigger club and brighton will get a fee rather than letting him run his contract down?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sanchez could possibly be the worlds most expensive keeper one day

. . . or possibly not, yes l admit he is a great shot stopper, but for me his distribution can be quite wayward at times, and he can be quite hesitant with the ball at his feet.

A tad harsh maybe, but for me his performances have levelled out somewhat as the season has progressed. Still an excellent keeper though, and time is very much on his side.

But in answer to the original question, l'd say either Yves Bissouma or Leandro Trossard, it really is impossible to choose between them in my book.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Biss just shades Tross for me. Both are very talented, but Biss has just that little bit of the wow factor. The contract and 'other' issue sorted, I'd put him even more ahead.

Lamptey, Sanchez and Cucu have a lot of potential but Biss is more of the finished article at the moment.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We won’t get silly money when Bissouma goes in the the summer.
Big cash is rarely exchanged for defensive midfielders.
£30m give or take.
Trossard could fetch a bit more imo.
Sanchez and Lamptey are little undercooked atm, but will be worth more if they have strong next 12 months,

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maupay.

He’s scoring goals now and as we know, quality strikers are hard to find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well if Maupay is our most valuable asset and is our main striker, how come so many of us are clamouring for a marquee target man due to our lack of goals?

Yes l like Meal Maupay, but he isn't our most valuable player.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
. He would. Problem is no sign of him signing a new contract ( he surely would have done so by now) therefore may have to be sold this summer unless we win the Cup or qualify for Europe. That might persuade him to stay but that’s a long shot isn’t it. More likely he’ll leave in the summer to a bigger club and brighton will get a fee rather than letting him run his contract down?

You sometimes get a third way where a new contract’s signed with a large pay rise, with a clause allowing a departure if eg a CL club comes in. So the selling club get value with a large fee.

[NOT the faux ‘gentleman's’ agreement ploy used by Steve Parish and Daniel Levy].

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sanchez is still all about potential. If he realises it by improving his decision making, cross handling and distribution, he could be world class. Third choice for Spain, just.
Biss needs to add goals to his game because everything else is top class, so can improve but value limited because of remaining contract.
Trossard is about as good as he is going to get but lacks a bit on the scoring front - difficult to know if this is his fault or how we play him. A decision for any prospective investors in him.
Lamptey’s only issue is his injury record and whether or not this will shorten his career as a flying wing back. A gamble for big money at the moment but a season or so injury free may keep his value high. I think he may currently be top dollar for us, although I don’t know if there is a sell on clause with Cheltski.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've said 'other'. Biss may be the best player but it is a very close thing. But his Chelsea performance certainly opened a few eyes.
BUT Cucarella, Lamptey, March and the rest all played well and we could easily get big money for any of them if a team needed to fill a certain spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here