Who Is In This Albion Team Photo??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He and Ronnie Welch were signed by Clough & Taylor from Burnley in late 1973 I think, not long after the 2-8 home thrashing by Bristol Rovers.

Correct, Billy McKewen was signed by Clough I think.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If any of the pictures were in colour I'd be able to tell you which one is Kerry Mayo in his 4th season

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That is the Goldstone !

Indeed it is :sacrilege:

Is that the game when Cannarian Seagull ran on the pitch in his full matelot outfit? It wasn't fancy dress, he'd just got off his ship and gone straight to the game.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Probably one for the older generation :)

Just found this pic on t'interweb, would quite like to know who is in it, I think it looks wickerd and that :thumbsup:

Back Row
Ian Goodwin, Kit Napier, Stewart Henderson, Alan Dovey, Bryan Bromley, Brian Powney, Eddie Spearritt, John Templeman, John Napier

Middle Row
Mike Yaxley (Trainer/Physio), Bert Murray, Norman Gall, Willie Irvine, Pat Saward (Manager), Ken Beamish, Bertie Lutton, Peter O'Sullivan, Ray Crawford (Coach)

Front Row
Steve Piper, Tommy Armstrong, Alan Boorn, Steve Breach

It's from the 72-73 season.

JuicySeagull

Feb 6, 2008
Derby
He signed in 73/74 from Burnley for £45,000, I think, along with Ronnie Welch.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bertie Lutton maybe.
that was my thoughts .......but was he on loan from west ham...............if it is him the only thing I remember about him is him taking a corner or free kick and the ball rolling along the crossbar and rebounding back out into play (south goal)

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Is that Ray Crawford as in former Ipswich and England striker? Hero of Fourth Division Colchester United's 1971 FA Cup win over First Division Leeds United?

Coo!

Yes...he was coach for a couple of seasons in the early 70's but seemed to disappear off the scene when Clough and Taylor arrived.
p.s Bloody good centre-forward !

Jimmy Grimble

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'm sure i can see Hiney in the first photo

hineyteamxs8.jpg

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports