[Football] Who is going to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal today?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is watching Chelsea vs Arsenal

• Yes, gonna be interesting, don’t care about the result though

• No, no interest in either team

• Nope, I have better things to do

• Yes Come on Arsenal

• Yes, Come on Chelsea

• FFS why don’t you just move on!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't get why swanny is so obsessed with potty. He is a good progressive manager like a few other around Europe but it's more the structure that bloom has put in place that has got us looking like a great team relative to budget. With amazing young players for cheap.

For 2.5 seasons we were playing well but in not much better league positions than under hughton.

He looks way out of his depth at Chelsea. He just doesn't have the elite mentality or swagger. And a crap rollneck and haircut ain't gonna change that fact.
Potter's aftershave.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If the players don’t buy into his ideas, he’s f***ed. No doubt that the Albion players did buy into it, it was always questionable whether big name players would buy into being played out of their comfy positions unless the results were instant. Having no track record of winning anything of note doesn’t help GP either.

Confess I too felt for him in that interview, he was brilliant for us and regardless of how it ended that’s a fact to me
Can’t really feel sorry for him, may sound harsh but he reckoned he was big enough for the job, certainly big enough to take the big pay cheque. Therefore follows that he should be big enough to be able to handle the criticism and rather inevitable grief and shit storms that will come with that role. The old adage of make your bed you lie in it seems apt.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't get why swanny is so obsessed with potty. He is a good progressive manager like a few other around Europe but it's more the structure that bloom has put in place that has got us looking like a great team relative to budget. With amazing young players for cheap.

For 2.5 seasons we were playing well but in not much better league positions than under hughton.

He looks way out of his depth at Chelsea. He just doesn't have the elite mentality or swagger. And a crap rollneck and haircut ain't gonna change that fact.
Think something must have happened on a cold winter’s night in Östersund

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
‘I think Potter is too scared to put Sterling and Mount on the bench because of the names on the back of the shirt, instead of looking at their actual performances.

Doesn't have the stones for a big club.

Saw some journo mention it a few weeks back. Potter is making decisions based on the history of the names of the back of the shirt instead of what's right in front of him.

If his stones are too small to make tough decisions at a big club I'm gonna call him Pecan Potter.

We need a manager with some royal chestnuts in his pants.

Instead we have Pecan Potter‘

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can’t really feel sorry for him, may sound harsh but he reckoned he was big enough for the job, certainly big enough to take the big pay cheque. Therefore follows that he should be big enough to be able to handle the criticism and rather inevitable grief and shit storms that will come with that role. The old adage of make your bed you lie in it seems apt.
Most of us want to challenge ourselves. I am currently looking at changing my role albeit within the company. However if you are ambitious you need to know the falls will be harder and from a greater height.

If he had remained with us he would have continued to develop the team and himself and let's be honest still be a very wealthy person.

He took the chance to become very rich and spend Christmas at home with the family. Fair play.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Just watched the post match. He's doing that thing again where he talks about the opposition all the time and how good they are etc along with all his usual boring sound bytes. He might have got away with that every poor result here as we looked to punch above our weight but he's at Chelsea now and that talk is going to cause him untold grief with a support that is used to winning Champions Leagues and looking down on the likes of Arsenal with a squad that cost a fortune.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It’s all rather inevitable, as others have said this is probably more about elite level players and a coach who they (might not) respect.

Graham is an underdog coach, as he was as a player, his unfashionable hair betrays his unfashionable mystique... put in a ‘big six’ context it’s simply not the right fit.

If it feels off, that’s because it probably is... players like Sterling, Silva - these guys respect coaches with significant international playing careers ... is that right? Probably not, but a guy who turned out for York City and has won little of consequence as a coach is always likely to find it tough.

With us, even Swansea and back in Sweden he was in his mould - a coach who brings the best from limited resources, a coach who can shock the big teams with a well drilled and together XI... players with a different mindset, who like GP are perhaps never going to world beaters, but can achieve greater things than the sum of their parts might suggest.

He’ll never be accepted (fully) by the support and sadly (for him) big time players... he won’t be given time for one, but more importantly they all think they can do better, be coached/managed by someone ‘bigger’ than GP.

Chelsea and GP simply does not work.

Now, do I feel any sympathy? Not remotely, his hubris and his ill advised hurry saw him start to believe his own narrative a wee bit too much.

I remain convinced this affair will not end as Graham would have hoped.

Hey ho, he’ll be loaded nonetheless.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Most of us want to challenge ourselves. I am currently looking at changing my role albeit within the company. However if you are ambitious you need to know the falls will be harder and from a greater height.

If he had remained with us he would have continued to develop the team and himself and let's be honest still be a very wealthy person.

He took the chance to become very rich and spend Christmas at home with the family. Fair play.
Quite agree with the challenging Piltdown, and hope if you change roles all is super successful for you.

In my working life I witness both success and failure. I once took a big role (vis a vis Potter) and soon found I was way out of my depth and lacked the experience needed. Held my hand up, stood down with some very battered pride. Employers were superb and allowed me to take a lesser role than I had held prior to taking the promotion. Had to work even harder to prove myself to everyone, and importantly to myself. Turned many a deaf ear to the jibes and put downs that followed, some deserved some not. Anyhow few years went by, I gathered the life experiences that I’d been lacking and eventually was offered a higher role. Much deliberation followed but I took it and was eternally grateful to be given the chance to succeed.

Thats some of what I was trying to make with Potter and him taking the big job. Nothing wrong with striving to better job, but you have to be prepared to take the crap as well as the praise.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cutting.

5999047D-85AA-4BA4-9F5F-E1AA7469CA4C.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It’s all rather inevitable, as others have said this is probably more about elite level players and a coach who they (might not) respect.

Graham is an underdog coach, as he was as a player, his unfashionable hair betrays his unfashionable mystique... put in a ‘big six’ context it’s simply not the right fit.

If it feels off, that’s because it probably is... players like Sterling, Silva - these guys respect coaches with significant international playing careers ... is that right? Probably not, but a guy who turned out for York City and has won little of consequence as a coach is always likely to find it tough.

With us, even Swansea and back in Sweden he was in his mould - a coach who brings the best from limited resources, a coach who can shock the big teams with a well drilled and together XI... players with a different mindset, who like GP are perhaps never going to world beaters, but can achieve greater things than the sum of their parts might suggest.

He’ll never be accepted (fully) by the support and sadly (for him) big time players... he won’t be given time for one, but more importantly they all think they can do better, be coached/managed by someone ‘bigger’ than GP.

Chelsea and GP simply does not work.

Now, do I feel any sympathy? Not remotely, his hubris and his ill advised hurry saw him start to believe his own narrative a wee bit too much.

I remain convinced this affair will not end as Graham would have hoped.

Hey ho, he’ll be loaded nonetheless.
I really think that's spot on tbh. He's not cut out to manage an established top 4 club used to winning major silverware.

Potters best bet would've been to go to a decent sized 'bigger' club (and that term is so relative), who are outside the tip tier and hope to be in there. Smug is doing that, and he's not spent big yet either. Potter should've been looking at the likes of Everton, Villa etc who are not doing great but have potential.

I think he started to believe his own hype, its Blooms vision that has made Albion what it is primarily and not any specific manager.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Part of me thinks him not being given time, or being given time and not being up to it, would be sad for young British managers/coaches in the game. But a bigger part of me thinks the idea of local identity for football is a thing of the past and is nationality of the players/managers that pass through the clubs really all that important.

If one were inclined, they could probably go back through my history and see lots of posts where I've noted how I've not really gotten onboard the Potter train. Because of that I don't think I'd be sad if he fails, happy that he failed, jealous if he succeeeds, pleased for him that he succeeds. He's just another of the many many people who have passed through the club (albeit one who contributed a bit more than some others).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Part of me thinks him not being given time, or being given time and not being up to it, would be sad for young British managers/coaches in the game. But a bigger part of me thinks the idea of local identity for football is a thing of the past and is nationality of the players/managers that pass through the clubs really all that important.

If one were inclined, they could probably go back through my history and see lots of posts where I've noted how I've not really gotten onboard the Potter train. Because of that I don't think I'd be sad if he fails, happy that he failed, jealous if he succeeeds, pleased for him that he succeeds. He's just another of the many many people who have passed through the club (albeit one who contributed a bit more than some others).
At the level he's out at now. It's just as much about managing egos as coaching and formations.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Lovely listening to the Chelsea fans on 606 tonight. Clearly know what they're talking about. Absolutely fuming. Calling him an imposter.

Think a certain Potter sympathiser is on the wrong forum now, he should be defending him over there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As was said at the time, Boehly offering that long contract, bring your team, help recruit the Director of Football all pointed to him wanting a long term plan.

As was also pointed out at the time, would the (some may say entitled) fanbase give him that time ? It will be Boehly v Fans with GPot in the middle. It's really not a surprise and It's not a situation I'd fancy being in :shrug:

Maybe he should have asked TB for some careers advice as he seems good at this sort of stuff :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports