Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is going down with WBA & Sheffield Utd? Fulham? Newcastle? BHA?

Who will be relegated alongside WBA & Sheffield Utd?

• Fulham

Votes: 57 19.3%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 230 77.7%
  • BHA

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • A N Other

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I’d prefer Newcastle to go because their fans are delusional, their owner is a prize wanker and I still don’t know how they still get away with sticking away fans up in the clouds. However mainly because they ‘could’ get it right and therefore be stronger than us. Whereas Fulham have too many loan players and remind me of Huddersfield, they either need to sign some and basically spend money to stand still or rotate/replace them, either option is not strategic. They are a surer bet for us to finish above next season. It’s also a great close away so I hope they stay up.

Man U stick away fans in the clouds. Think there should be a rule that away fans should be placed behind the goal at one end.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I still think its Fulham - It's hard to see Newcastle turning things around after Saturday evening, but I am just not convinced by Fulham.. They struggle to score and whilst their recent form has been described as an "upturn" its not delivering many victories. I am not convinced they will sustain a run of form that sees them winning enough games to catch Newcastle or us..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Newcastle had absolutely nothing about them last night, they’re not going to change the manager and have an awful run-in. Fulham play decent football and are trying to have a go. If it does go down to the last day of the season Fulham would comfortably beat them I would imagine.

It's strange how last day deciders can happen in football, it's as if the script has already been wriitten, us at Hereford all those years ago, and this season we have a fixture between Fulham and Newcastle. You just couldn't make it up.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I still think its Fulham - It's hard to see Newcastle turning things around after Saturday evening, but I am just not convinced by Fulham.. They struggle to score and whilst their recent form has been described as an "upturn" its not delivering many victories. I am not convinced they will sustain a run of form that sees them winning enough games to catch Newcastle or us..

Fulham have taken 7 points from their last 5 games (2 wins), which is the same as us.

Newcastle have 3 points (0 wins) from their last 5 games.

OK, so Newcastle have a game in hand, but their goal difference is -20 compared to -15 for Fulham. If I'm charitable and assume Newcastle get a point from their game in hand, they would only be 3 points ahead, with a worse GD and would still have to play Fulham (away) on the last weekend...

That doesn't suggest Fulham need a 'run' of wins, only match what Newcastle do (not much) and then beat them in the winner-takes-all decider

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I really hope that last game of the season for Fulham & Newcastle is the relegation decider with us sitting comfortably higher up the table. That'll be a great watch for the neutral.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I really hope that last game of the season for Fulham & Newcastle is the relegation decider with us sitting comfortably higher up the table. That'll be a great watch for the neutral.

I suspect it may not be that great a watch tbh.

Maybe switch on for the last 5 minutes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What I find odd is that Newcastle play in a broadly similar way under Bruce, who they hate, to what they did under Benitez who was seen as some kind of tactical genius. Bruce doesn't have a lot to work with especially with Wilson injured. If the answer off the bench is Jeff Hendrick, the question is probably "Whose playing Championship football next year?

The last couple of months apart, the results under Benitez weren't significantly better either!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It certainly adds to the atmosphere when the away fans are all congregated behind the goal at one end. Witness a packed south stand at the Amex, it can make for a great occasion.

Yeah I really wish we didn't do that tbh.

Craven Cottage is great though.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Man U stick away fans in the clouds. Think there should be a rule that away fans should be placed behind the goal at one end.

Isn't the rule that away fans have to be at least partially be in seating that meets the pitch, so in the lower tier of a ground, but Newcastle get away with not doing this because they cant do it in safe & segregated way.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not too sure about United, possibly the same reasoning. Looking at the below article it seems Newcastle were given an exemption from the rule. I feel like the exemption was justified when the ruling first came into place in 2018, but surely they've now had enough time to make adjustments to their stadium so away fans can be seated somewhere better.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...news/newcastle-confirm-away-fans-not-14386184

Well the way things are panning out for them at the moment, the Toon may not be attracting so many fans next season, (providing we are allowed back in), as Championship football beckons.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I reckon Fulham might already be safe by that final game...

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
You are not up in the clouds at Man United?

It's not as bad a Newcastle. I just hate big stadiums and never understand all the fans that want us to expand the Amex.
I spent most of my time at OT wishing I was in the Amex rather than that soulless place miles from the pitch.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

This.

There is also a chance Fulham will be allowed their fans in the ground too, no chance away fans will be allowed by then. Shearer will blow his stack!!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It's not as bad a Newcastle. I just hate big stadiums and never understand all the fans that want us to expand the Amex.
I spent most of my time at OT wishing I was in the Amex rather than that soulless place miles from the pitch.

I take it you went to the cup game... For league games it is absolutely fine?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There is also a chance Fulham will be allowed their fans in the ground too, no chance away fans will be allowed by then. Shearer will blow his stack!!

There's no chance of that happening unless the previous week's games allow fans in as well. The speculation is that either there'll be a break for the penultimate or they'll postpone them and play them after the (original) final games (or no fans at all). There's no way that the away clubs will agree to spectators for just one game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here