Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who is actually running the country ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do struggle a bit with the anti-union narrative from a purely ethical perspective although I appreciate some of the individuals heading up these organisations can be polarising. Unions however have existed and continue to exist to prevent the exploitation of their members. I think that's a pretty noble thing.
The RMT leader lad was on Nicky Campbell this morning. Someone phoned in and said "I have been told that the train drivers all have the best government pension schemes, so...." RMT leader interrupts and says "That's completely untrue. We pay into our own pension schemes and, er, we are not a nationalized industry, having been flogged off in the 1990s".

"Oh!" says the caller. "I didn't know that"

:facepalm:

(I am paraphrasing ; I don't take notes when listening to the radio)

Various other callers objecting to strikes because the "cause inconvenience" but quite a few people, inconvenienced, expressing support for the railwaymen.

Funny old world....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
ERG
Lobbyists
The fossil fuel industry
Saudis
Russians
Chinese

And a few bat-shit Tory cabinet ministers who wish they could remain in power like Fred Durst wishes it was 1997.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Does anyone know for sure whether Truss really is entitled to the lifelong pension, as an ex-PM? If so, she should donate every penny of that, each year, to charity.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In a couple of years time, it'll be the unions.
Working people running the country ? Just Imagine, it would be utterly horrendous :facepalm:

I assume you and your Bullingdon Club mates wouldn't let that happen.

I guess they'll remember you as the first member from Varndean (and waay after it was selective) rather than Eton, Harrow, St Paul's, Stowe, Radley, Oundle, Shrewsbury, Rugby or Winchester. Almost as if they didn't want you to be any part of it, but I bet they'll love your unwavering support :dunce:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here