Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who in our history has made you literally get off the seat every time they get the ball?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Glen Thomas.

Every time he got the ball I would jump to my feet.

And shout NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I still struggle to remember a worse professional appearance by a footballer than that comedy disaster at Brentford. I was stunned.

And bearing in mind the level of football we were watching week in and week out at the time - there was some pretty stiff competition for 'player you least want to see get the ball'.

Weirdly I felt back then we were a better side without the ball.

That was my first ever away game! :lolol: What an incredibly pathetic performance!

Paul Brooker was very exciting, Rod Thomas as well until he nutted that bloke (although I do question where he found the required step-ladder to reach...) and my opinion of him turned a bit. I liked Geoff Pitcher too! But in reality, only LuaLua first spell and Vicente are really good enough to "get me off my seat". I loved Bobby Zamora, but he was never overly flair, merely a supremely talented player.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nelson, Zamora, Buckley, Vicente, Gotsmanov, Penney, Connor, Byrne.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
gerry ryan,micheal robinson,jimmy case,bobby zamora and vicente and lots more

I thought that I was gonna be the first person to mention the great Gerry Ryan - not our best player but always one of the hardest working and unpredictable.
He played an absolute blinder in '83 whe he came on as sub.

How is he btw?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Barnet I think.

We played Barnet the game before and won 1-0 an Ian Chapman penalty on Boxing Day remember there being a massive crowd by that seasons standard presumably as Liam Brady had only been in charge a few games. I'm almost certain we beat Cambridge 4-1 Nogan hatrick and Simon Funnell with a goal. I think Steve Claridge might have score the Cambridge goal.

I think the next home game after that was the 3-3 thriller against Bournemouth with Ian Chapman scoring a blinder.

The end to that season was fantastic really good performances and the atmosphere was superb as the crowds started filtering back.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Fred BINNEY, ate all the pies sank all the pints but RUTHLESS in front of goal.
Ward? Skinny little git with no idea how to goalhang.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Neil Smilie and Clive Walker always did things to get you going.

In recent times, Vicente excites me, but so does Buckley, when he gets the ball at pace, I stand straightaway.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ward, Worthington, Zamora, Binney, Lawrenson, Nelson, Vincente and Saunders

all of these would do it for me + Barry Bridges

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here