Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who in our history has made you literally get off the seat every time they get the ball?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
When Lualua gets the ball with a defender a few yards ahead of him on the near touchline, you can't help but feel something special could be about to happen.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Paul Clarke & Vicente, not in any particular order :)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Mark Flatts when Brady signed him. I think a 4-1 win v Lincoln or somone. Also it was Jimmy Case's first game back. Amazing game.somone can tell me but I think it was 1994.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Rodney Thomas at the Preistfield.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Mark Flatts when Brady signed him. I think a 4-1 win v Lincoln or somone. Also it was Jimmy Case's first game back. Amazing game.somone can tell me but I think it was 1994.

Mark Flatt's did it for me too,we were woeful at the time and he added a real "live wire" feel about the place 1993/1994 was correct and what with Liam Brady taking over i thought we had turned the corner.

Gary Nelson will always be the one for me,ahead of Bobby (due to him being in my first season).

Others have done it too,Paul Wood,Steve Penny,Paul Brooker,John Robinson,Darren Freeman,Mark Barnham,Clive Walker,Johnny Byrne,Rod Thomas (people's player) .

Then there is good old Leon Knight,he was one such player and i know he had his attitude problems but imagine him with Ulloa now,what a strike force that would be!!!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Dave Armstrong anyone?

Oh yes indeedy Dave Armstrong
and for me Wardy , Alan Duffy inconsistent and greedy little marvel , Lawrenson going forward, Willie Irvine,Garry Nelson, Bertie Lutton classy loanee , Eddie Spearitt's long throws, Tony Towner , Ken Beamish , John Templeman's long shots , Steve Penney , Mark Gall sadly for only a brief time due to injury and Vicente who is by far the very very best , legendary like Wardy only time, achievements and appearances will tell. In the past Lawrenson was best ever player , Wardy is the legend now Vicente is best ever player for BHA now and a sure fire legend in the making.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I think that was against Cambridge who had Steve claridge playing for them. I think Simon funnell scored for us that day.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
The usual trinity (Ward, Zamora, Vicente) plus Nelson for that season, Gotsmanov for too-short a time and Worthington playing some sublime stuff in slow motion.
Buckley is getting up to that status for me as well.
Less celebrated favourites of mine were Tony Towner and Steve Penney who could be awesome on any given day.
Also remember the excitement of watching Lawrenson as he stepped over half-way; Danny Wilson when he had that 6 month spell of dominating every game from CM and making and scoring goals too, and for unpredictability whenever Hans K or Gerry Ryan got in the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here