Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only supervised ball boys :(

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
On the same day as England beat Argentina in the '66 world cup, it was the jubilee or some other significant anniversary of the Cubs. I was chosen to run out on to the pitch in to the middle of a huge circle made by all the "sixers" from all over Sussex to start the "Arkela, we'll do our best..." etc. I was only 10 years old and frightened to death. As soon as I shouted the first syllable, the whole stadium errupted with the verse, striking me speachless. After the dib-dibbing and dob-dobbing, I presented a basket of fruit to lady Baden-Powell, (I have the photo to prove it). Little did I know how much time I was to spend there 35 years on! I still try to do a good turn every day!!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I've managed a County league side their and played County Football their a few times.
In the new changing room and before when the old stand was up and the changing rooms were a long walk down the back and under the stand.
Oh! memories.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
other than the REMF game, i had 2 school sports days there, and he played a under 14's cup final there (hovepark colts vs cuckfield cosmos) we won 1-0.

there were still the american football goal things at each end, a concrete south stand and the north stand was pretty much the same

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I came second..................to last in the Sussex Schools under 14's long jump finals.

I used to run there regularly for my youth club though. Far better runner than I was long jumper, how I even made the finals I dont know. :nono:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ive trained on their at a seagulls club day thingy in our first season

oh, and ive ballboyed

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
ran the second leg of the 4x100 for my class when i was in year 9 for school sports day. :smokin:

we lost despite our 4th leg man being 'illegally boosted' shall we say...

poke

Oct 19, 2003
i used to have school sports day there as well.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Made it to a few Brighton B52s training sessions at Withdean on Sunday mornings in the late 80s, but getting out of bed early on Sunday mornings to catch the train from Seaford was never going to last so I switched to the Eastbourne Crusaders (nearer home but totally shite).
Oh the glory of gridiron.

Yoda

English & European
I've competed in the 400H there after the Albion moved in. Twice :p

Oh yeah! They WEREN'T schools events. :p :p

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
came 7 out of 9 in a 200m event in sports day there in 2001.
the brief beginning and end to my career in athletics

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i ran the 100m on school sports day

i came 4th , great story reall

...erm actually its not !

Yoda

English & European
Ah! you wanted to know what we think of the facillities as well.

OK. Where do I start?

Changing rooms, not good (to be polite) & the track is completely f:censored:ked now! Why can't they put that matting back down along the back straight? :angry:

Last edited:

Seagull Stew

Ran the Brighton 10k sometime in the mid 80s which used to start and finish at Withdean instead of it's now rather dull route along the seafront.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Still have my 2nd place medal from 1975 when I was part of Horsham Blue Star Harrier's sprint relay team in the Sussex championships. In fact its the only medal I ever won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here