Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who here has played at Withdean?

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
Not played football, but I took part in the three legged race and the sack race on the pitch during Cubs Sports Days. Also jogged around the track once.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I seem to rember running round the track on a school sports day thing and also an obstical course where the pitch is now, instead of that crap grass they use to have there

May 29, 2004
Lancing
pompeydel said:
'There was a big stand where the away end is now'

didn't there used to be a high jump in front of that stand?...

:bounce: :bounce:

That's right, used to be an old, crumbling curved structure where the South Stand turnstiles/Car Park is now located. High Jump, Pole Vault used to be in that area. The only structure still standing is the old gateway to the right of the mobile shop!

I have also competed at Withdean many times in the Southern Athletics League for Worthing Harriers, most memorable was being part of the 4x100m relay team back in 2000 which broke our club record :clap2:

Been thrashed by Sean Baldock on the very same over 400m :(

Facilities are unfortunaltey crap, but I'm afraid Brighton AC only have themselves to blame for being so stubborn over the fact the BHAFC also use the facilities :angry: :censored: :angry:

Is still a good place to compete at as it is a sprinters track :clap:

Last edited:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Had a Cardinal Newman sports day there in about 1980: ran in a relay race then nearly killed myself finishing well down the field in a steeplechase (my one and only) which left me so knackered I went half blind for a few hours afterwards.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I ran at Withdean in the Sussex Schools Athletics Championships (1500 mtrs), it was either 1985 or 1986 not sure which.

Well technically I never took part the event got rained off, there was inches of water on the inside lane of the track.

I did a warm up lap though !!!

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Scotty M said:
ive trained on their at a seagulls club day thingy in our first season

oh, and ive ballboyed

I did that training seesion thing with the seagulls club in our first season, I think I trained with Kerry Mayo

I've also ball boyed too

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
ran there on school sports day as a kid.

scored from the halfway line during half time, first game of the season , two years ago (i think)?
three of us, me, a small kid, and a women were picked out of the crowd ,and you had to hit an inflatable fat boy to win a grand for southern fm ( i think)?
needless to say i was the only who could realistic do it so the pressure was on.
curled it into the net, but no lucre:angry:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I remember losing a few quid at a donkey derby there in the
early seventies!
I've seen a few donkeys there since come to that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here