Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who had the WORST result this weekend?

Who had the WORST result this weekend?

• Crystal Palace

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Brighton

Votes: 152 56.5%
  • Leeds United

Votes: 10 3.7%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
0-7 is the biggest defeat in both CPFC, CPFC2000 and CPFC2010's history

AND

Liverpool's biggest away win since the 1880's

SU game was bad but they are still a team that were half decent a few months ago

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Controversially going for Leeds.

I mean, how can a team with Bielsa in charge concede six goals? Commentators were still jacking off on him with 5 minutes of the game to go...

Still doing it on the radio now and have been on and off all day

'great style of play'
'brilliant to watch'
'bound to lose sometimes, no big deal'
'took two key players off at half time'

etc etc

It's like all the pundits have fallen for some kind of religious cult.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Us by a long way. We needed to win with some style to give confidence to the team and us lot. Our performance was woeful.

As for that lot up the road, you just laugh it off as did Roy. You know they will bounce back. They always do.

Leeds are just the clowns of the premier league. They get Custard pies thrown in their face but they make the audience laugh.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
One of those teams picked up a point, lost no ground on the teams below them and made a point on the team above them.
If people can really accept that a 0-7 reverse, is somehow more positive than a 1-1 draw then I am staggered.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
How can anyone honestly say us ahead of Crystal Palace.

Liverpool have just drawn away with us and Fulham and haven’t won away in 4/5 games. There is no excuse for being beaten 7-0 ever never mind with this context in mind.

We also didn’t even lose we just drew.

My goodness there are some drama queens on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How can anyone honestly say us ahead of Crystal Palace.

Liverpool have just drawn away with us and Fulham and haven’t won away in 4/5 games. There is no excuse for being beaten 7-0 ever never mind with this context in mind.

We also didn’t even lose we just drew.

My goodness there are some drama queens on here.
"we just drew" to a team who had 1 point from 13 games, spent 45 minutes down to 10 men and actually led until 3 minutes from time. You don't have to be a drama queen to appreciate the gravitas of that shambles. You're an ostrich if you can't see it.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
"we just drew" to a team who had 1 point from 13 games, spent 45 minutes down to 10 men and actually led until 3 minutes from time. You don't have to be a drama queen to appreciate the gravitas of that shambles. You're an ostrich if you can't see it.

And that’s worse than being beaten 7 nil at home by a team that just drew with us and Fulham away. No way is our result worse than that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Albion drawing again.
We miss the fans and the edge that it gives.
The atmosphere urging on the team.

I'm staggered as to how many chances we're throwing away.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Tough to say. In terms of individual games, then definitely palace. But you look at both of those Palace and Leeds teams and know that they're both going to get to safety with relative ease. Us on the other hand, whilst we didn't lose, our result is symbolic of a much more endemic issue, and a pointer to the deep lying problems in the squad. Which would be much more of a concern to me than a freak battering by the champions or being well beaten by a team of superstars that are in 3rd. An inability to beat a team on 1 point with 10 men is very worrying indeed.

I'm not so sure Palace and Leeds will get to safety with relative ease...

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
As Stat Brother said, that can easily be attributed to a gulf in class.

So why didn’t they put seven past us or Fulham of the gulf in class is so great. In fact they couldn’t even beat us but out seven past Crystal Palace.

That must be one if not the worst result in Crystal Palace’s premier league history and you think is drawing at home is worse. Good one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So why didn’t they put seven past us or Fulham of the gulf in class is so great. In fact they couldn’t even beat us but out seven past Crystal Palace.

That must be one if not the worst result in Crystal Palace’s premier league history and you think is drawing at home is worse. Good one.
You continue to struggle.

At the end of the day, they got one point less than we did. But we were playing the bottom team, with their one point in 13 games. And ten men. At home. Palace were playing the champions, the current league leaders who were European champions as recently as July.

I can accept you might consider a thrashing by Liverpool is a worse result than drawing at home to Sheff Utd, but it seems strange that you struggling with the concept that others don't agree with you. It's really not that difficult to understand for the reasons I've outlined. :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We NEEDED a win on Sunday.

If we can't get a result against only part of a "teamlikeSheffieldUnited" (not even a full team), who can we get one against.

Palace was merely highly amusing.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'd argue Sheffield United had the worst result. They're in desperate need of wins at the moment and had a golden-opportunity at 1-0 up with 10 man to put the game beyond doubt and give themselves a chance to turn things around. If Burke scores that they're six points of safety with some winnable games coming up. Instead, they've dropped two more points and look beyond saving already.

Aside from that it was us. We played the only team who are considerably worse than us (form and talent - Arsenal may be in worse form but have a better squad) and came up short. Palace and Leeds can at least take something from the fact they were both outplayed by better teams playing at their peaks.
Sheffield are effectively gone already, so it probably won't matter for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here