Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who had a transgressive experience on Saturday then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes I read the link. I also shared my experiences at Albion matches not just my Friday night out. This is painting by numbers journalism with a few quotes and misrepresented stats thrown in for good measure. The reality is that football disorder is nothing like it was in the old days. As mentioned by HWT above every small incident nowadays is treated a lot more seriously. That should continue but let’s not use it to demonize football fans. Perhaps the Brexit mention shines a light on the agenda here.

Your argument is all other the place, and rather lazy. The article is talking about the present, and not making any comparison to the old days. The article is very clear what is about. So why say this? And it's not a few quotes, it references an FA commissioned report with a link to a substantial account of this report.

And you mention the Brexit comment again. I think this says more about your rather flipant agenda than anyone elses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. Times move on. Society is more intolerant of hooliganism these days so every incident is reported (and rightly so). I recall, back in the day, a lad being thrown off a train and killed and it barely got a mention in the media because it was 'football related'.

And remember this?

View attachment 145366

I went out in Lewes on Friday and did not see any of this; therefore it did not happen. I went for a burger last night, no one stuck a flare up their arse and then broke into the restaurant without paying. It's all lies, I tell you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Your argument is all other the place, and rather lazy. The article is talking about the present, and not making any comparison to the old days. The article is very clear what is about. So why say this? And it's not a few quotes, it references an FA commissioned report with a link to a substantial account of this report.

And you mention the Brexit comment again. I think this says more about your rather flipant agenda than anyone elses.

Ok, no worries. There’s always a market for this stuff. I suppose every generation turns into their parents at some point.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But it isnt Guardian journalists is it? The article is based around figures from the UK football policing unit, a comment and analysis from Geoff Pearson, a senior lecturer in criminal law at Manchester University and leading expert in football hooliganism, and Louise Casey’s report into events at Wembley.

Its really just a follow up piece to the article in The Times around the issues at the Notts County v Grimsby game and the Forest Leicester game the following day. Both articles mention cocaine, booze and the lockdown effect as possible reasons behind the increase in anti social behaviour.

No doubt there will be a Tory backbencher standing up in the House shortly demanding tougher punishment for anyone causing a problem at or going to or from a football match.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok, no worries. There’s always a market for this stuff. I suppose every generation turns into their parents at some point.

Critical thinking and debate really isn’t your strong point is it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Its really just a follow up piece to the article in The Times around the issues at the Notts County v Grimsby game and the Forest Leicester game the following day. Both articles mention cocaine, booze and the lockdown effect as possible reasons behind the increase in anti social behaviour.

No doubt there will be a Tory backbencher standing up in the House shortly demanding tougher punishment for anyone causing a problem at or going to or from a football match.

Hmm. These days it’s Tory backbenchers encouraging “freedom” and mob law and The Guardian apparently stirring up moral panic.

Strange times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Truly awful.

‘Imagine if all the boys in jail could get out now together.’ That’s what it feels like.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
On Saturday a bloke got taken out of West Upper by the stewards shortly before half time for some kind of "transgressive" behaviour. I've got no idea what he said/did but when I went to the loos I walked past and he was in discussion with the stewards and explaining "it's just passion" while one of them explained passion is what we want but be aware of crossing lines - given what people aren't hauled out for shouting, at say, opposition fans from WSU I imagine he probably did something that could have earned a more heavy handed response. But all seemed to end pretty peacefully and as far as I saw he was back in his seat for the 2nd half. Just sharing because the stewards get given a hard time sometimes but there were three involved in whatever happened and all seemed models of diplomacy and reason and turned what could have been more serious for the fan into just a discussion between adults. Nicely done all round.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I definitely think coke and booze play a part. I'm not convinced the lock down has played a significant part though. This low level loud and twattish behaviour has been on the rise in society for a long time. I have seen it in the UK, and with English people abroad, for a good while now.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I definitely think coke and booze play a part. I'm not convinced the lock down has played a significant part though. This low level loud and twattish behaviour has been on the rise in society for a long time. I have seen it in the UK, and with English people abroad, for a good while now.

I stayed in Aachen last August,granted made the mistake of booking an air bb right opposite a kebab shop

I was awoken to 3 police cars,blue flashing lights and a hell of a row going on at about 3 in the morning

I don't think any English were involved ???

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Classic Guardian sensationalism. They even got in a mention of Brexit for the obsessives. I’ve not seen anything like this at BHA matches for years and that includes this season. All very tame at Old Trafford last week. We were stood next to the netting and there wasn’t even one word aimed in our direction. Normal people in both ends before, during and after the game.

I presume you don't get the train after matches? I've seen several fights queuing at Falmer, particularly against Chelsea which got very nasty. The mention of Brexit is relevant as the article is highlighting many of the current tensions in British society as a backdrop to increasing trouble at matches.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Saturday a bloke got taken out of West Upper by the stewards shortly before half time for some kind of "transgressive" behaviour. I've got no idea what he said/did but when I went to the loos I walked past and he was in discussion with the stewards and explaining "it's just passion" while one of them explained passion is what we want but be aware of crossing lines - given what people aren't hauled out for shouting, at say, opposition fans from WSU I imagine he probably did something that could have earned a more heavy handed response. But all seemed to end pretty peacefully and as far as I saw he was back in his seat for the 2nd half. Just sharing because the stewards get given a hard time sometimes but there were three involved in whatever happened and all seemed models of diplomacy and reason and turned what could have been more serious for the fan into just a discussion between adults. Nicely done all round.

So close.
He must have been really naughty if they made him...

...return for the second half.

Poor bloke, couldn't catch a break all day.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When crowds start chanting, "You're gonna get a transgressive experience!" towards the away end, you know the game's gone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Classic Guardian sensationalism. They even got in a mention of Brexit for the obsessives. I’ve not seen anything like this at BHA matches for years and that includes this season. All very tame at Old Trafford last week. We were stood next to the netting and there wasn’t even one word aimed in our direction. Normal people in both ends before, during and after the game.

That sort of talk doesn’t sell papers..could you jazz it up a bit

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Lockdown I think has played a part. In our local FA there have been double the number of cases reachng them in all froms of the U18s game. The football had been used as an outlet for kids or in some cases parents violent outbursts either physically or verbally. We've had the lot this year. In some cases this would appear to be because they had been cooped up with in unhappy houses with the same bunch of people for too long.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had a transgressive experience in Thailand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here