[Football] Who do you want to win today, Man U or City?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Select the lesser of two evils

• City

Votes: 158 53.7%
  • United

Votes: 26 8.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 110 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I didn't see that, but was that EL case more of a VAR issue rather than whether it was classified as handball or not?
It was a decision VAR should’ve given

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Under the current ridiculous handball guidance it's a handball all day long. Come the summer they are really going to have a look at the rules and guidance. In a sensible world it's not given as accidental and more importantly not hand to ball and arm not in an unnatural position.
Penalty according to current rules. Not a penalty according to common sense, which isn't allowed any more

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Never thought I’d be feeling sorry for Grealish but that was a horrible decision.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You can jump without raising your hands. I was trained how to "jump like a fish" when I was 8
You might have a point I suppose, unless you jump like a fish you risk getting a handball, seems silly though!

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Let's face it, neither incident should have been a penalty but the lawmakers have lost the plot.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You can jump without raising your hands. I was trained how to "jump like a fish" when I was 8
I'm sure that would've made a big splash.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Fernandes makes my blood boil. What a tosser.

The penalty is right by the letter of the law, which shows how stupid the law is really.
I am sick of reading this. You’re right. I accept you’re right. What I don’t understand is why other more blatant handball decisions which are “right by the letter of the law” aren’t given by VAR. It’s a joke.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Just a reminder that Atwell and Salisbury didn't consider this unnatural position a handball. And that this was only the fifth worst decision of the day against us!

Screenshot_20230603_155412_Chrome.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports