Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want to win today, Man U or City?

Select the lesser of two evils

• City

Votes: 158 53.7%
  • United

Votes: 26 8.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 110 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just seen a picture of this classy Man U fan today on Twitter.
How low can you get?

View attachment 161756
I really want to know where that shirt was printed - official prem league shite - dunno if big sports chains do it but assume it was something like that and some kid who didn’t realise etc but would still want to know…

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Reaching 6th in t

Who has spent more on transfers in the last 10 years? Harrland gets more than the whole Man U team

Wrong. Haarland £19m p/a. De Gea £19m, Sancho £18m, Varane £17m, Casimiro and Fernandes £15m, need I go on?.

Nice try but again you've proven yourself to be full of it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When palace lost to Man united in 2016, I left Wembley as soon as the final whistle went, could not believe there were 1000s of Man U fans in front of me at Wembley Central. They didn’t even bother to watch their team lift the cup !!

We ran to Wembley Central the moment Solly missed the pen.

Low and behold already at the station were loads of Mancs with southern accents. They hadn’t watched extra time and/or the shootout.

• Wow
Reactions: A1X

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
City. United fans were horrible arrogant bellends after the semi final and I don’t know any plastic City fans who’ll be smug if they win.
Not wanting to sound bitter ( though I am) I recall the MU fans regalling us with “ you’ve seen the best now Fck off home”. Hopefully they were on the receiving end of that chant today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We ran to Wembley Central the moment Solly missed the pen.

Low and behold already at the station were loads of Mancs with southern accents. They hadn’t watched extra time and/or the shootout.
But they had been at Wembley for a game that kicked off at 16:30 (?) on a Sunday and went on for well over 2 hours.

I'd suggest the reason why you ran to Wembley Central the moment Solly missed, instead of staying to show support for your team, was the exact same reason you weren't the first ones there.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I didn't watch it. I dipped in and out of radio commentary in the motor. Can't be arsed to read the whole thread.

Apologies if covered, but what a delight that written into the history books is ManUre conceding the quickest ever goal in a final. I can't see that being dislodged. Ha ha wankers.

I've been saying for years that De Gea is dodgy. Ha ha wanker.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Definitely wanted a city win after all the arrogant/vile/homophobic United fans that were seen at the semi final.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
ABU

Simple as that.

What they stand for, their sheer arrogance and uberplastic support base makes me loathe them.

Glad cites won and hop they do the treble. Watching them yesterday was very much like watching us. And we would have given them a far better game and spectacle.

Harry McGuire...sums them up !

TNBA

TTF

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

This is... weird. He also recently talked about how little investment United have had (despite spending ~220m last summer, and owing over 300m in transfer fee instalments).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This is... weird. He also recently talked about how little investment United have had (despite spending ~220m last summer, and owing over 300m in transfer fee instalments).

One day, I hope we’ll be capable of fighting back against Citeh and grabbing an equaliser. Perhaps nee might be able to hold the draw until 90mins too? Let’s hope we finish above Manure next season and do the double on them again.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
In a few years time people will look back and wonder why grown adults choose to cheer on a side Uefa wanted thrown out for cheating, that the Premier League have said have cheated 115 times, and who are dominating the English game as a result of financial doping from a Human Rights abusing state.

But people don't know many plastics, so that's alright then.

Weird times to be a football fan. I wonder if the narrative will change when Newcastle are the only side that can get near them, or when a few of the kids in light blue shirts are adults acting smugly in the office

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
How low can you get?

View attachment 161756
This whole episode on Twitter is completely mind boggling. Why on Earth did he think this was funny? Why does he dress like a 15 year old? (See photo of his arrest) Why do people defend his actions? and how are so many so called football fans oblivious to what it refers to?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I hope so too - vile piece of shit.
If he doesn't, he should be made to stand in a room full of grieving Liverpool fans and explain to them why he thought it was 'funny' to wear something so cruelly offensive.
That's what I was trying to say in another thread. Not everything is "banter."

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I'm coming to the conclusion that ETH is a bit of a bell end.

His team were poor yesterday. They were lucky to get what they did from the game. They were light years behind City in play and intent, they set up, like they did against us, to park the bus and play on the counter. It's pretty abject stuff from one of the biggest clubs in the world playing in the cup final against their cross town rivals.

And, like you said, they've spent shed loads. Not just last year but over the past 5 years, the past ten years. Not just with transfer fees but wages too. The investments been there(despite the Glazers also taking loads of money out of the club) it's just been very poorly done.

The difference between them and city is down to one team spending ridiculous sums of money well and the other spending the same amount of money very poorly. The fact that City got most of their money in a possibly(probably?) illegal way doesn't detract from that one fact. Utd have spaffed vast quantities of money on nothing while city have used it well.

Just to rub it in, City have also brought in more money through player sales the last 5-10 years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How low can you get?

View attachment 161756
“a man wearing a No 97 United shirt with the legend “NOT ENOUGH” where a name should be, an apparent reference to the 97 Liverpool fans who lost their lives in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and taken into custody, the Metropolitan police said.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here