Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

• Luton

Votes: 198 42.1%
  • Coventry

Votes: 221 47.0%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 40 8.5%

• Total voters

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I'd probably rather Cov, based on not having been before and meeting a decent one of their fans before we played them at home in The Championship who was able to tell us all about their ownership problems. And Luton being supported by Yaxley-Lennon.
Saw cov v qpr this season at the Ricoh (what ever it’s called) ground miles away from Coventry and very dodge after the game and before not a place i would go back to in a hurry, the midget has been banned from luton for years

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Saw cov v qpr this season at the Ricoh (what ever it’s called) ground miles away from Coventry and very dodge after the game and before not a place i would go back to in a hurry, the midget has been banned from luton for years
I'm not sure Luton is any safer though :lol:

Hasn't Coventry's stadium got its own train station - that trains don't run to on match days?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Slightly prefer Coventry for emotional reasons, but if it’s Luton that’s also great

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hasn't Coventry's stadium got its own train station - that trains don't run to on match days?

Although the station was intended to serve the adjacent arena, it was announced in August 2015 that the station would be closed for one hour preceding and following football matches, rugby matches and concerts on safety grounds as there was insufficient rolling stock to run the services necessary for spectators: while six-carriage trains could be chartered to run every half-an-hour during weekends, the fares generated would not cover the chartering cost.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023

Runs every hour and gets packed and no where to drink round the Ricoh, found a brilliant pub on the river the engine I think it was called but was a taxi from cov station

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
COME ON COV!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Although the station was intended to serve the adjacent arena, it was announced in August 2015 that the station would be closed for one hour preceding and following football matches, rugby matches and concerts on safety grounds as there was insufficient rolling stock to run the services necessary for spectators: while six-carriage trains could be chartered to run every half-an-hour during weekends, the fares generated would not cover the chartering cost.
Thanks, and thank you for the pub tip @HangletonGull :thumbsup:

Should probably repost that every time someone complains about the trains back from Falmer. Particularly @pure_white

Could be very interesting. Every Prem team will sell out the away end with the exception of Noddy Little Bournemouth.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks, and thank you for the pub tip @HangletonGull :thumbsup:

Should probably repost that every time someone complains about the trains back from Falmer. Particularly @pure_white

Could be very interesting. Every Prem team will sell out the away end with the exception of Noddy Little Bournemouth.
Oh for all we (rightly) moan about Govia Southern Thameslink, West Midlands Trains are a whole different level of basket case. Not very long ago in a dispute over overtime they were running absolutely no trains on Sundays. Anywhere. Because of an overtime ban.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Oh for all we (rightly) moan about Govia Southern Thameslink, West Midlands Trains are a whole different level of basket case. Not very long ago in a dispute over overtime they were running absolutely no trains on Sundays. Anywhere. Because of an overtime ban.
Try dealing with Trans Pennine Express.
Genuinely, if they just committed in advance to not running any trains I think that'd be an improvement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here