Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to replace Ulloa?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Think we'll look overseas. Ulloa was such good value for money and we made a huge profit on him. Players also tend to cost less overseas, especially as all clubs will hike up prices now we've sold Ulloa.

Argus also suggesting in the O'Grady article that there may even be two more strikers signed.

This is probably the signing that will define our season. I'm confident that we will get a decent keeper and Ward in so the defence should be okay. We could do with a bit of creativity in midfield as well to replace Orlandi but the striker is key. CMS and O'Grady will hopefully get double figures in goals but we really need a 20 goal striker to push us towards the top 6. Those players don't come cheap but hopefully we have the budget to compete now with Ulloa gone.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with this. With the experience of COG and CMS on board i would like to see maybe one or two younger strikers with potential who are under 1M. I don't want to see a large part of the Ulloa fee invested in a 28-30 year old who is already at their peak.

Agree with most of this. Really we want young, strong, fast and a good goal-scorer. Those four qualities combined don't come cheap, and don't tend to come to the Championship either. That said, I think we just need one, and think we'll be looking abroad, in Germany perhaps given Hyypia's last job. But the Bundesliga is not exactly blessed with out-and-out German strikers, and we have to ask the question why a German (even from their second division) would want to come to the UK: they're pretty good at holding on to their home-grown players, unless over-inflated wages are on offer, which isn't going to happen from us.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Drogba for a year , thank you very much or Klose would be nice too........................................... then I returned to sleep zzzzzz

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Cox would be amazeballs but can't see it so would settle for Mason, did well at Bolton last year.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Ulloa is an absolute legend in the box with his head. I lost count of the number of wasted crosses into the box that went by unclaimed in the period between Murray & Ulloa. Hopefully we get someone good in the air, COG is not the man to replace that element of our game.

I thought O'Grady was supposed to be decent in the air? Not sure where I read that though. If you're right then we definitely need to sign a 'big man in the box' type forward as an option in the squad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought O'Grady was supposed to be decent in the air? Not sure where I read that though. If you're right then we definitely need to sign a 'big man in the box' type forward as an option in the squad.

O'Grady is tall, at 6'1, and is good at holding the ball up, but there weren't that many headed goals in his repertoire (much of this is coming from that helpful thread started by that Barnsley fan). Ulloa managed a fair few beauties on that front for us.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Not Lingard. Just don't see him as a prolific striker.

I'm a bit surprised at any mentions of Cox at Forest. I know a couple of Forest fans and despite their initial excitement at the signing, they've felt underwhelmed since. Despite their wealth of options up front, none of the Forest strikers impressed this year, hence their lacklustre finish to the season.

Chris Martin is a very good all-rounder, would be an excellent addition. Though I'm rather hoping Sami surprises us with a Scandi or German signing....

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we need someone who is big strong and good in the air and will make it uncomfortable for centre halfs because i thought last season at times it was so easy for them

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Heard a Man U fan (southerner) waxing lyrical about Lingard on the radio the other day, thought he should be one of the first names on their team sheet.

Think he saw him do well in a pre season game 12 months ago.

I heard that interview as well. I nearly rang up to put him straight. Lingard certainly has potential but a starter from man utd on last season with us....no chance. Another season with us would be good. He'll only get better and better.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Patrick Bamford or James Vaughan

These two look perfect transfer targets. No matter what Chelsea are saying to him, Bamford will get offloaded sooner or later, so why not get out now while his stock is pretty high. he will NOT ever be a 1st teamer for them.

Others for me would be Maynard or a top loan target like that fella at Arsenal whose name escapes me. Great looking striker, works hard, but won't make their starting line-up all year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here