Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you support in other sports apart from football teams and International teams?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
REALLY had to think about this one, and the only answer I came up with was Hiroshima Carp baseball team. Not really into baseball at all but love the atmosphere at games and the fact all the locals love their team even though they are shit.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sussex CCC. Apart from that, ummm. Used to kind of secretly support Jocky Wilson at darts, and i liked Mike Gregory's combination of fat-stemmed darts and flaxen yokel hairdo. Also supported Burgess Hill in the Sussex County League in the early 80s. Liked the name Roscoe Tanner. That's about it - no favourite hockey team or squash player.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I forgot to add Hibs in Scotland.

Oh and one team I completely forgot - Fitzroy in the Aussie Football league. But there was a story there. In 1988, some mates and I watched a Transworld Sport C4 documentary on struggling Fitzroy and their 8,000 gates. We wrote off to Melbourne expressing interest in the club and paid for a couple of Fitzroy scarfs and a guernsey (for comedy value). What we got back was astounding. At a cost of $20 they sent us club accounts, a poster of club legend Paul Roos, an autographed magazine, window stickers and all sorts. We all went from mocking the club to respecting the club in an instant. Mind you, it wasn't hard to see why they were struggling to survive - they had staffing levels that would have made QPR blush.

Anyway, when they merged with Brisbane (and moved to Brisbane too) I was genuinely gutted. Since then I've actually worked with a massive former Fitzroy fan and she still follows the merged Brisbane club, so I took my lead from her and follow them myself. They actually won the league 3 years in a row from 2001 to 2003.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here