Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who can't afford to miss out on Promotion ?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Peterborough? :lolol: :dunce:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the relegated clubs have got four years parachute payments of £12 million a year to ease their wages bill. Not Pompey as they only got two years. Hull City and Burnley who went down at the same time may have eased their wage bill, but I have feeling that Hull are on the quiet side of desperation needing to go up. I expect Blackburn can afford to pay Rhodes for the four years of his contract. Leicester without any parachute payments and Cardiff and Derby ought not to be too different from the Albion.

(I need to double-check this information.)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why do people think Blackburn are in trouble? The owners hardly spent anything on the club, yes they've made some big buys but this isn't a club burdened with a lot of debt. They'll survive for a couple of years in this division.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The blackburn owners have quickly identified that the west brom yoyo model is a good one to follow.

In the champ you win games, attract big crowds, get into prem and enjoy the TV money, then you benefit from parachute payments when you come down, and then you go again.

Do that 3 or 4 times and you build a harmonic wave of motion where eventually you will be able to afford to be where you want to be, and compete too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The blackburn owners have quickly identified that the west brom yoyo model is a good one to follow.

In the champ you win games, attract big crowds, get into prem and enjoy the TV money, then you benefit from parachute payments when you come down, and then you go again.

Do that 3 or 4 times and you build a harmonic wave of motion where eventually you will be able to afford to be where you want to be, and compete too.

That's a good point. If you're relegated from the PL, get promoted and relegated again, do you get two lots of parachute payments? That would really distort the market.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I sit next to a Wolves fan at work, and they seem to be flashing the cash too, having sold a couple of players.

I'd add them to the names already mentioned

Completely wrong. Wolves were one of the few debt free sides in the Prem and have made millions in transfers already this season. No worries for them.

Clubs in big risk bracket are:

Leicester
Blackburn
Bolton
Ipswich
Hull
Birmingham
Cardiff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here