Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the TWO GAY footballers in todays MIRROR ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The story is a total non event. I don't care who it is. There are at least 20 of them in the Premiership and I have no interest in finding out who they are. I would just like to know if it is going to make the word WAG obsolete or not ???

Quite. Really, who cares?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Every town and city has had gays around them and every town or city has around 8/10% gays....Brighton was the first openly gay place that's all.

Apparently there is a place North of Brighton called London. Google it, you would be surprised.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that when a player does come out as gay, he will get applause from both home and away fans at the start of the match and then it will quickly be forgotten. People give football fans very little credit but I'd say 99% don't give a feck about the sexuality of a player any more than the colour of his skin or the religion that he is or isn't practicing.

The 1% who do care, if it is that high, will keep quiet as there are plenty of laws in place to prevent homophobia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite. Really, who cares?
As this thread approaches 10,000 views with only 87 replies, I imagine there's plenty of people who care enough to at least need to know the names of the footballers in question.

I'm not being all holier than thou about it as I count myself as one of them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As this thread approaches 10,000 views with only 87 replies, I imagine there's plenty of people who care enough to at least need to know the names of the footballers in question.

Up to you [emoji4] hardly, a newsworthy item IMO.

Good point on the thread, you are right and I shouldn't have even contributed, I ignored it for a bit and should've continued doing that........

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes, good point. There is a common curiosity about these matters, although along with this curiosity, most won't particularly 'care'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Up to you [emoji4] hardly, a newsworthy item IMO.

Good point on the thread, you are right and I shouldn't have even contributed, I ignored it for a bit and should've continued doing that........
It's not newsworthy, my reaction will be a shrug and a 'fair enough' thought and that'll be that.

I will then follow the reactions they receive as, sadly, it'll be impossible to miss.
But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to know who they are.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Have opened this up but not read the preceding pages. Was going to put 'who cares?' but so many posts (which I won't bother reading) so some do but I don't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here