Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who are the most miserable nation on earth ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am not putting the Finnish in Ist place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We can't be far off.

17th happiest according to ongoing analysis from a joint UK/US/Canadian team of academics. They must’ve ignored editorials in the Guardian :lolol: .

IMG_4605.png
IMG_4606.png
IMG_4607.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At work me and a colleague were chatting about various bits and bobs, but it was all negative.

This caused me to think back to happier times and I landed on 2012, naturally that Summer, as potentially the last time 'we' were happy.

I can't imagine the absolute mess I'd be in now if the Albion didn't just have a legacy season, instead rolling in 11th or something after the dullest of dull seasons.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Nice to see we beat Spain, France and Italy for happiness. But guess what, the Netherlands and Germany still manage to beat us when we get on a good run. Sound familiar ???!!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think we are pretty happy all in all. I love the NHS

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Swiss 4th happiest :shrug:

Mountains aside, dullest country I’ve ever visited.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
17th happiest according to ongoing analysis from a joint UK/US/Canadian team of academics. They must’ve ignored editorials in the Guardian :lolol: .

View attachment 162963View attachment 162964View attachment 162965
This is just a welfare table; Finns as singular individuals aren't happier/less depressed people than for example Albanians, they're just better off financially and as a societal support system, but that doesn't affect day-to-day relative perspective as much as say climate and social customs (relationship with family/aquantainces, expansiveness) do.

Countries that are currently at war and/or experience a big sense of oppression by the government might be my guess, I can't imagine North Koreans as being extremely happy for example.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is just a welfare table; Finns as singular individuals aren't happier/less depressed people than for example Albanians, they're just better off financially and as a societal support system, but that doesn't affect day-to-day relative perspective as much as say climate and social customs (relationship with family/aquantainces, expansiveness) do.

Countries that are currently at war and/or experience a big sense of oppression by the government might be my guess, I can't imagine North Koreans as being extremely happy for example.

No it’s not.

“Our happiness rankings are not based on any index of these six factors – the scores are instead based on individuals’ own assessments of their lives, in particular, their answers to the single-item Cantril ladder life-evaluation question, much as epidemiologists estimate the extent to which life expectancy is affected by factors such as smoking, exercise, and diet”.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I was always under the impression it was Hungarians. Czech’s look pretty miserable at a first glance as well however a dozen of us pissing around with a BHA beach ball in Prague High Street put a smile on few old dears faces

Last edited:

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
I was always under the impression it was Hungarians. Czech’s look pretty miserable at a first impression as well however a dozen of us pissing around with a BHA beach ball in Prague High Street put a smile on few old dears faces
Yeah Hungarians are a pretty depressed people, Poles also aren't particularly friendly or expansive but it might have nothing to do with their personal happiness and just them being closed-off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here