Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the most influential band/artist of all time ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Icy was right, Buddy Holly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No relevance whatsoever where his influences may or may not have come, even clowns like Bowie and heavy metal plagarists Zeppelin started somewhere but developed. At least Sir Paul injected his own insight, wit and pathos to leave his own hallmark.

However much you like him I can't see that he has been a big influence on music. All about opinions I guess.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Chuck Berry
Eddie Cochran
Carl Perkins
Little Richard
Brian Wilson
The Everly Brothers
Buddy Holly
Bob Dylan

All good calls for a certain period

But what about

Louis Jordan (mentioned earlier)
Robert Johnson
Duke Ellington
Louis Armstrong
Ray Charles
Hoagy Carmichael
George & Ira Gershwin
Cole Porter

and that's only a small number prior to 1950 !

I'll let you know when i've considered 1950 to 1960

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Whoever influenced the non stop steam of talentless boy bands, who cant play an instrument between them needs shooting...Who was the original boy band anyway, The Beastie Boys??? I'm sure there was someone before that, but i'm buggered if I can remember who or care, come to that.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Whoever influenced the non stop steam of talentless boy bands, who cant play an instrument between them needs shooting...Who was the original boy band anyway, The Beastie Boys??? I'm sure there was someone before that, but i'm buggered if I can remember who or care, come to that.

The Beastie's a boy band? You are such a bad troll.

Brotherhood of Man?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads

That'll be The Monkees

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I've been told by people that know about this stuff that Bing Crosby is the father of it all. Without him nothing. Something to do with breathing and phrasing that made rock and roll possible.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Elvis Presley?

"before Elvis there was nothing" - John Lennon.

not quite so...before Elvis there was the blues and great black artists...the quest for racist America was to find a white man who could sing as well as the balck artists, and could be marketed to the white youths. Before these trail blazers there was nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here