Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Are The Hardest Europeans?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The French are an odd bunch. Absolute pansies in war but some of the toughest cities in Europe. Who would win between Marseille v Belgrade v Leeds?

Mostly Arab and African immigrants who are the rufty tufty's in French cities, in my opinion, having worked in France for 3 years.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The last time I lived in the Netherlands there was some trouble between a group of Brits and some local Dutch-Maroccans...it all kicked off because of something really stupid, possibly an argument outside a chippy, and quickly became really nasty...one of the locals disappeared and came back with several mates, who had knives and those medieval ball on chain type things, which they were pretty happy to use rather than just go for a straight honest fist fight...the result was two people hospitalised, one with a broken arm and the other with a nasty cut from his elbow up towards his shoulder.

During proceedings one of the Brit lads spotted a van full of cops at the top of the street and ran up to try and seek their help, he was told to get lost as they weren't interested...this might have had more to do with them being fearful of the local gangs rather than stopping what was a long and somewhat unfairly balanced fight...don't know what they would have done if somebody had been killed.

Rufty tufty award goes to a gang of psychotic Dutch Maroccans who fight really dirty...wimp award to their police force.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Danes take no shit.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Austrians are a bit of a dichotomy; on the one hand you have Hitler, up for it and got stuck right in, but then you have nutty blokes locking birds in cellars - nowt tough about picking on girls.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
obviously nobody has been to greenland then

1980-ANU-ML4.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I was in Serbia for a festival in the summer. I would agree that the Serbs are double hard bastards.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If your talking football rucks then i would put the Poles right up there also.
If talking about history then it's the Brits for me.

The Brits ? We only pick on little uns and when we do bite off more than we can chew we call for our big brother to fight our battles for us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
the germans are disqualified due to their previous. you are right they are game but its because there is something wrong with them.

they are more disturbed serial killers than toe to toe ruckers.

One on one the Germans are softies. They`re only good at team games so I`d rule them out.
Hungarians always look hard, but I reckon its the Poles or the Ruskies.

If its a knife fight though, your Italians are in and out pretty nifty around the alleyways of Rome,,,,,,,,,,, just ask the Man Utd fans who went out there.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Was very impressed by a mass punch in Hannover between Arminia & 96,although not quite up to scratch with a Millwall v anybody.Hardest supporters Anderlecht,but the rest of the Belgoons are all puffs.Manure supporters from essex are hard in their pants,but the hardest Europeans have to be the Croats:ohmy:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not a country as such but every person I've ever met who lives/born in Merthyr Tydfill have been double hard bastards. Fighting is a way of life, and the 'Welcome to Merthyr' sign has got 'twin town Beirut' grafittied on it. Tough town Merthyr.

:lolol::lolol:

My family is from Merthyr and I remember going there for my cousin's wedding. I missed his stag night but he said he got into a "half tidy" fight. It was at the Silver Slipper - which seems to have a fight every night.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
:lol: Joke right

Have to say the Scots myself and history supports this.Seems most sas boys are jocks as well.
Turks must be up there as well.
algie, you're wrong about most of the sas boys being scots, I wouldn't particularly rate them on the hardman front either,I've always found they tend to play up to the scots hardman image and melt when fronted, neither harder or less hard than average in my opinion.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nah. Not a chance, Bushy. It wasn't the lack of Italians that ruined it for Germany, it was two things: Battle of Britain and Stalingrad.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
algie, you're wrong about most of the sas boys being scots, I wouldn't particularly rate them on the hardman front either,I've always found they tend to play up to the scots hardman image and melt when fronted, neither harder or less hard than average in my opinion.

you raise a good point bushy. when jocks are the only jock in a southern pub they get off on acting up to it. on home turf though they are just average punters who's pals would find it hilarious they are considered pub nutters.

what nation epitomises average hardness though? we need a benchmark on this. spain perhaps?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Nah. Not a chance, Bushy. It wasn't the lack of Italians that ruined it for Germany, it was two things: Battle of Britain and Stalingrad.

Totally true. 80% of total German casualties in WW2 were on the eastern front. The got their arses kicked by the Red Army (eventually).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here