Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] White van drivers!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Just got back from Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds Bush, and cannot believe the amount of t**ts driving white vans, that seem to think they can just drive, cut you up as if its their god given right :tantrum::angry::rant::censored:
Obviously not all van drivers are t**ts, but the A40 seems to have its fair share tonight.

Rant over, have a nice evening all :thumbsup:

As a matter of interest, and I am just being curious, but what do you drive?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The current crop of vans are scarily fast, I'd hazard possibly faster than most cars unladen and are often driven as potential weapons on clear roads. A white van up your arse at 70 or 80 mph is quite intimidating. If you try and accelerate away most are quite capable of keeping up with all but high performance cars.

I think they should be speed governed,

image.jpg

Speed governed :nono: Dream on.:)

Knock Kneed Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
Loads of us drive far too many miles for work. Some dodgy drivers in all professions, but what really get on my nerves are fecking middle lane hoggers. Dangerous inbreds.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
This, I had no trouble at all till I put my CORGI stickers on the sides, then I had nothing but trouble.
I drive a 'white' LWB Toyota Hiace van here and another trick is not to make it look too smart or clean, as it attracts break ins like a magnet.
If it looks tatty, with no signage, it attracts no attention.

Doesn't detract from stealing gear out of it, but sign writing usually knocks a bit off your insurance, on the basis that it's more difficult to 'clean up' prior to reselling on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The current crop of vans are scarily fast, I'd hazard possibly faster than most cars unladen and are often driven as potential weapons on clear roads. A white van up your arse at 70 or 80 mph is quite intimidating. If you try and accelerate away most are quite capable of keeping up with all but high performance cars.

I think they should be speed governed,

Best solution would be to slow down and let the bugger past. Better to have an idiot in front of you in plain view than on your tail.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Doesn't detract from stealing gear out of it, but sign writing usually knocks a bit off your insurance, on the basis that it's more difficult to 'clean up' prior to reselling on.

Most tools get knocked off during lunch times and after normal working hours, as mine did.
You will find to your surprise, mine too when I made a claim, that on a commercial policy, tools are not actually covered during non working hours, ie. between midday and 2pm, also between 5pm and 7am.
Any tradies who thinks they are covered better check up on this, the policy wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Most tools get knocked off during lunch times and after normal working hours, as mine did.
You will find to your surprise, mine too when I made a claim, that on a commercial policy, tools are not actually covered during non working hours, ie. between midday and 2pm, also between 5pm and 7am.
Any tradies who thinks they are covered better check up on this, the policy wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Absolutey - I only buy new myself and I'm morally against anyone else buying tools down the pub/car boot sale etc, as you become part of the problem and 'do as you would be done by'
Ebay/gumtree, there's some trace-ability i guess, buts that another story.

I have 'tools in transit' insurance - £125 for £6k of tools.

Back on topic, white transits being hired out for 'waste collection' and the dumping rubbish illeagally is a bigger problem affecting me now, but have found address of customer, and in the face of £2k fine, she's coughed the 'waster carrier' and EH and police are involved.. scum bags..

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hate 4x4s and SUVs but if I ever found myself needing something like that, I'd get a van. They are bloody fast and many times more practical.

What made me add to this thread is passing a well fit female jogger this morning who was bibbed/parped whatever the word by a white van driver. What a sad man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hate 4x4s and SUVs but if I ever found myself needing something like that, I'd get a van. They are bloody fast and many times more practical.

What made me add to this thread is passing a well fit female jogger this morning who was bibbed/parped whatever the word by a white van driver. What a sad man.
The driver might have been admiring your lycra clad form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here