Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] White van drivers!!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I actually find vans let me out most when driving, some van drivers are ****s, but it's like any form of generalisation, most cyclists are ok, the few give em a bad rep

Obviously that doesn't apply to NSC. Lol

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Should all commercial vehicles be required to display the name of the business on their vans, not necessarily full on sign writing, but at least the name of the business to which the vehicle is registered. And for the one-man-bands, an easily accessed database to provide feedback to the police and dvla about instances of poor driving.

Of course the same can be said about some car drivers, but in my experience car drivers/owners just do not drive in the way the WVDs that are being refered to here do in trying like the same manner.
You talk some bollocks 50% of car owners can't even ****ing drive yet idiots like you think the van drivers are poor. Try driving a Luton for a week and your soon see I'm right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are all cyclists at the weekend.

Clearly they're not.
If they were they would understand to perils of driving like a self important moronic road hog, and show at little more courtesy to other road users.

The drivers who have been annoying me this week have been German coach drivers in Lewes Road. Happy to use the bus lanes, until they find themselves approaching a local bus that is stopped at a bus stop - cue a rapid lurch to the right, to join the general traffic lane, with no regard for the traffic that is already in that lane. Everyone is forced to brake - which, as any fule kno, is a recipe for achieving a slow moving queue that helps no-one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You talk some bollocks 50% of car owners can't even ****ing drive yet idiots like you think the van drivers are poor. Try driving a Luton for a week and your soon see I'm right.

Calm down, I asked a question. There seems to be conjecture on this thread that WVDs are a problem, some certainly are, and of course so are car drivers.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just got back from Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds Bush, and cannot believe the amount of t**ts driving white vans, that seem to think they can just drive, cut you up as if its their god given right :tantrum::angry::rant::censored:
Obviously not all van drivers are t**ts, but the A40 seems to have its fair share tonight.

Rant over, have a nice evening all :thumbsup:

That is obviously your experience and I would not dream of questioning it. I can only say that for a year I drove a van around for a local employer. Prior to starting, I believed the hype about WVDs but can honestly say that in general they were nowhere near as bad as expected. If I were to pick out a set of drivers , and obviously with the caveat that it is a generalisation, then it would be old folk who tend to get in the wrong lane and drive too slowly thus frustrating others and causing bottlenecks, when a long line is following, meaning that cars cannot turn into or off a main road.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In my opinion the worst offenders are all the supermarket delivery vans that seem to be driven like they are competing at Silverstone.

I always give them a wide berth, but of course have to slam on the anchors when they shoot out in front me from side streets.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It used to be that if you're driving in the outside lane of a motorway and someone came from nowhere at over a ton behind you they would be driving a BMW or a Merc.

Now it's a 4x4.

My pet hate is definitely the following:

Everyone queuing in the right hand lane approaching a roundabout as we're all going right (like A27 E going to the Amex) with the left hand lane empty.

Complete "oh my time is so much more important than yours" twats who drive up the left enter the roundabout indicate right and cut in.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Mate, I'm a regular visitor to Ruislip and the driving is far worse there than down here. It's not just van drivers. Hardly anyone signals, drivers ignore people waiting at zebra crossings etc.

If only someone invented a way for drivers to indicate which way they are going to turn at roundabouts it would be so much safer for everyone.

One day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a geographical thing, I'm afraid. I left home at 18, and since then have lived at various places all over the country, while regularly returning to Sussex to visit the family.
Always it is noticeable - and always has been, at least since the late 1960s, that the further south and east I get, the worse the standard of driving becomes, and the higher the level of aggression. God knows what Kent must be like - haven't ventured there for years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here