Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whinging poms

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I love Australia, but I would only live there if I was retiring or some shit. Most likely Cairns or a coastal town down in the South.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm glad I'm not the only person to have spent time down under and come back not full of the typical back-packer "I wanna emigrate, it's the best place on earth" blah blah. Vast amounts of Oz is just Bexley by sea. Boring, boring, BORING suburbia! There's a reason why there's so many Aussies here: it can be incredibly dull place to live and isn't exactly cheap either. Fine for a visit IMO, but the grass ain't always greener. Just more grass. Infact, it's always burnt after one of the frequent bush fires that ravage the coastal belts. And the most incredibly sexist racist place. And we think we've got problems here. Nope, quite happy in our crowded rundown island. It's got it's warts, but I know where they all are :)

You can always live in some of the bits that aren't!

Love it myself.

Still it is hard to write of an entire continent in one paragraph so well done for trying.

LeicestershireGull

Sep 11, 2012
Sorry to burst your bubble but I never go near Cottesloe or watch Derryn Hinch.You however appear to be full bottle on both.

Hey,believe me,I have had my share of dodgy moments.Walking through Northbridge at 23:30 with NOBO in plain sight on the front of my shirt was a stirling experience.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You can always live in some of the bits that aren't!

Love it myself.

Still it is hard to write of an entire continent in one paragraph so well done for trying.

I tell you the bit I really loved: Northern Territory. So so different to anywhere I've been before, including Croydon. The solitude etc, easy to see why peter falconeo disappeared! But yes there are some amazing parts, but then there are in most countries.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I tell you the bit I really loved: Northern Territory. So so different to anywhere I've been before, including Croydon. The solitude etc, easy to see why peter falconeo disappeared! But yes there are some amazing parts, but then there are in most countries.

True enough and yes there are some very very boring bits too.i live near the Great Ocean Road which is spectacular.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
True enough and yes there are some very very boring bits too.i live near the Great Ocean Road which is spectacular.

Peacehaven is near the South Downs, which are spectacular.

I cycled from Melbourne up to the Grampians, down to Port Fairy, along the Great Ocean road to Geelong and then down to the ferry at the mouth of the bay and back up to St Kilda. Not a bad 500 mile jaunt. Then the Boxing Day Test at MCG to see England lose in 3 days and go 4-0 down in the Ashes. Great fun indeed. I have walked the Wilderness trek in Tasmania, the Cradle mountain trek in Victoria, campervanned for 6 months in outback, sha**ed nurses whilst working at St Vincents Hospital in Sydney in the early 80's, drank myself stupid for years, swam in Olympic size oudoor pools, rock pools, surfing. Been arrested for noise pollution, sat on the Sydney Hill at SCG.........

Your right it is better than Peacehaven BUT I want and like to live here in Brighton. If everything went tits up I could put up with Australia..............

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Time to repost the old Aussie joke methinks...

Q. How do you tell when the British Airways flight has touched down ay Sydney airport?

A. The engines are switched off but the whining noise continues

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Always does my head in when Aussies over here complain about the weather. If you want glorious sunshine I suggest staying at home!

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Time to repost the old Aussie joke methinks...

Q. How do you tell when the British Airways flight has touched down ay Sydney airport?

A. The engines are switched off but the whining noise continues

Kiwis use that one too. I like to counter it with 'I don't know any jokes about your country because no-one's f*ck*ng heard of it back home'.

They don't like that.

Kiwis use that one too. I like to counter it with 'I don't know any jokes about your country because no-one's f*ck*ng heard of it back home'.

They don't like that.

I believe there is also "...please reset your watches for 1980" as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here