[Albion] Which was the BEST goal? Dunk or Trossard?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which was the best goal?

• Dunk header

Votes: 35 12.9%
  • Trossard shot

Votes: 237 87.1%

• Total voters

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Well, we were spolit for choice today; not only TWO goals - but more than that, both superb in their own way. But which was the best?

Dunk's bullet header
Great header, direct from the corner kick and from miles out too. Superb corner to put the ball in the perfect place for Dunk to attack it and magnificent placment by Dunk to get the header just inside the keeper's left hand post.

Trossard's winner
Great first touch to get the ball out from his feet, no hesitation and superb smash into top bins. But made even better by some neat approach play and a sublime first-time lay off by Welbeck that steered the ball right into Trossard's stride. Great skill.

POLL to follow, for those who like that sort of thing.

Makes a change from best shot.......

:albion2:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Going for the Tross today, great goal and he needed it. Could lead to a few more now hopefully.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tall man out jumps others or a team goal! Trossard for me.

Veltman looks like he's going to pass back but sends the ball through to AL who then equally finds DW who finds AT with a deft touch. Lovely finish by LT.

Seriously though, Dunk's header was brilliant, placed to perfection but Trossard's goal still was better.

Sep 5, 2017
Montana USA
I agree with the majority--the build-up to the second goal and the strong finish give my vote to Trossard. Dunk's goal was sweet but jeez probably should have been saved.

My assist of the game goes to Welbeck for the no-look flick to Maupay that led to the corner Dunk scored from. Welbeck is a savvy player and having him out there from the start was great to see. Couple that with getting 90 minutes from Lallana (second time this season?) and there's a real boost in leadership and creativity.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It's nice to actually have a choice !

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Dunk's header is one of the best headers he's scored, but I do think Forster was agonisingly slow to get down to the ball. A header from that far out and I'd expect a 'keeper to be getting something more on it. In short, great header, should have been saved.

Trossard's goal was a more complete goal. Veltam seeing and making the forward pass, Lallana's vision to get the ball forward quickly to Welbeck, who created the space to feed Trossard who [checks notes] doesn't scuff the ball at the 'keepers feet or thunder it high and wide. Trossard actually didn't give Forster a chance. Superb finish.

Both goals were executed brilliantly in their own right, but Trossard's was the one that stands out.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Gross needs to watch a replay of Trossard’s goal, his first touch made the finish possible, Gross’s first touch forced him too wide and gave the keeper a chance. It’s such fine margins.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Dunks for me, purely because I always have a couple of pounds on him as anytime scorer. Betfair have been paying out frequently these past few weeks :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hope Potter/the team learns the lesson from the second goal. Get it forward quickly. Surprise the opposition. We have the players to do it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The best thing about Dunk’s goal was it’s similarity to Vestergaard’s goal at the Amex. It was almost like anything you can do...........

Corner delivery, main threat in the air hangs back, centre back at fault for not tracking (Dunk or Bednarek) and slow reactions from the keeper as the ball sails into a corner through or over a crowd of players.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Take nothing away from Dunks superbly guided effort but it's Trossard for me. The whole thing from start (Veltman) to finish was a thing of beauty, and a goal the likes of City/Barca would be proud of.

He's come in for a lot of stick but not sure he wouldn't be a better option than Maupay

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Trossard. In the hope that this a) shows the team what getting the ball forward quickly can achieve and b) gives Trossard some shooting confidence back and we see some more composed shots to help see us safe int he remaining matches.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not only was Trossard's better, it was more important. Even if it had been the first goal, it's more important for our strikers to see that goal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Our Goal of the season is going to be interesting.

The 2 against Villa were good individual goals,but, I think my favourite is the one against Leeds, just a tap in, but, the build up was sumptuous.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, after a day of voting with 245 votes cast, Tross gets it with 87% of the vote for a beautifully constructed and superbly taken winner.

I believe the current 'go-to' punditry for a goal like that is "playing through the lines" - which is a phrase that didn't exist 6 months ago but now has to be trotted out a minimum of 4 times per game, I believe.

So Lewis gets 13% for what was, frankly, a superb attacking header. He was closer to Hedge End than Southampton's goal when he scored that. But, in all fairness, for the silky build-up, a lovely one-touch lay-off and the emphatic finish, Tross runs out as a deserved winner on this occasion.

I must admit, I thought Trossard would win it, but I thought might be a bit closer.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's nice to actually have a choice !

Indeed. It's a refreshing change from "which was the worst miss?"

I agree with the majority, Trossard's goal was probably the best. It's just so nice to see a move like that come together. Also, it's a lot better as a watching experience. The feeling of excitement building as the move starts, followed by the euphoria of the ball hitting the net. Don't get me wrong, Dunk's goal was great, but it was in the back of the net before I knew it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Our Goal of the season is going to be interesting.

The 2 against Villa were good individual goals,but, I think my favourite is the one against Leeds, just a tap in, but, the build up was sumptuous.

Still lots (well..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................) of goals to come this season, I bet we havent seen the best one yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports