Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which two players do you wan't Gus to go after in Jan?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simon Cox or Simeon Jackson seem more likely to me than Rhodes.

Plus a keeper and again Kuzszcak seems far more likely than Huddersfield or Peterborough youngsters.
Simeon Jackson scored a goal in the Premiership as recently as 3 DAYS ago, so he is hardly likely to be coming here. I agree with you about Jordan Rhodes though, if he goes to a Championship club it'll only be West Ham, Leicester or Southampton. i.e. a combination of 2 of 3 things: pots of money available, fairly big club, good chance of promotion.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Jordan Rhodes though, if he goes to a Championship club it'll only be West Ham, Leicester or Southampton. i.e. a combination of 2 of 3 things: pots of money available, fairly big club, good chance of promotion.

Not quoite sure where we fall down in that criteria

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not quoite sure where we fall down in that criteria
Not sure that we are competing financially with any of them, two of them are miles ahead of us in the table (both in the top two) and we're certainly smaller than all three - significantly so in West Ham's case.

Can you seriously fail to see this?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
:albion2::albion2::albion2:
(realistically)

Mine:

George Boyd
Jordan Rhodes

This plus +keeper and Reyes

I think attacking options is what we are crying out for the most, although we need two more fullbacks and a new GK if we are to become promotion candidates.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
Lewis McGugan - cant get much playing time for forest who have said they'd look to sell in jan. gone off the boil a bit recently but loads of ability. Needs a loving manager.

Yes. I was thinking that the other day. He scored some absolute screamers last season. We need some one to play the Bennett role of last season.

George Boyd would be good too.

What about Marcus Hannemann for a GK? Did anyone sign him on a free transfer in the end?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Get Elliott Bennett back on loan. He must be enjoying the money, but he's only getting a few minutes game time coming on as a sub and must be getting frustrated at not playing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Get Elliott Bennett back on loan. He must be enjoying the money, but he's only getting a few minutes game time coming on as a sub and must be getting frustrated at not playing.

A few minutes :lol: :dunce:

Norwich have played 17 PL games.

Bennett has started 10, come on in 3 more, and been an unused sub in 4.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was starting games but isn't now. He has been on the bench more recently.

You think Elliott Bennett is the type of player to seek a loan move away, because he's been left on the bench for THREE games in a row?

Really? :dunce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can live in hope. He hasn't been replaced imo.

Indeed, and no-one is arguing that part - of course we'd all love him back.

Fact is though, he's doing brilliantly well at Norwich, and enjoying playing at the finest stadiums in the land (except ours, obviously). He's going nowhere.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Boyd is the only player im keen on at the moment,we have far to many average midfielders who can't move forward and score goals,boyd is that man. :)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Not sure that we are competing financially with any of them, two of them are miles ahead of us in the table (both in the top two) and we're certainly smaller than all three - significantly so in West Ham's case.

Can you seriously fail to see this?

Nine points is not miles . Especially with Christmas coming up. We can compete with both of them financially - how many time did we SMASH our transfer record this summer (esp Leicetser who are a basket case and will be shipping players in the transfer window) and West Ham have put all their eggs into Kevin Nolan's basket (I beliveve his wages -= £55k a week - are around £12million for the length of his contract).

This is a huge coup for both Sam Allardyce and West Ham United, that a second division side could pay the wages Newcastle were not willing to offer Kevin Nolan, to keep him on Tyneside

I am not buying into thos this "small club" mentatlity much longer. Worked for us when we were at Withdean but the Amex has pushed us by several gears now.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
You think Elliott Bennett is the type of player to seek a loan move away, because he's been left on the bench for THREE games in a row?

Really? :dunce:

and down a division????????? I don't think so!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody said the 'want' had to be realistic, and it makes a change from the Zamora come home, wishes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here