Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:p Norwich + 2 others

I know we are a definitely a better football team than Bournemouth, Newcastle and Villa, so two of those, although I also expect Watford to stay in the mix. We could certainly finish above any or all of Burnley, Palace and West Ham but I think those three have managers to keep them up

Managers have now accepted that Albion are not going to put everyone behind the ball and hope to nick something and have changed how they play against us accordingly. We are now being closed down all over the pitch and the better teams quality means that we are not performing as we were when Potterball took them by surprise.

The honeymoon is over and we are struggling most games, which should not really be a surprise. It was good while it lasted but us having most of the possession is only going to happen against teams around us now. Potter is doing a good job but he’s new to this league and our players are not good enough to control games against many teams.

I feel that we may have made a rod for our own backs with the early season performances before other teams adjusted. There was so much disappointment about yesterday on here but were we really any worse than we have been away for 2 seasons? I think we are better but still not good enough to win against decent teams unless they have an off day. Everton were never going to be that team after their defeat against Liverpool’s kids.

We are in the mix and have a decent chance of going down but hopefully there are three teams that will do worse than us, we can’t afford to lose to them

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
the cherries next 4 games are

Watford,Norwich,Brighton &Villa

it's there get out of jail card time this season

failing that they're ****ed

hopefully it's the latter

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Managers have now accepted that Albion are not going to put everyone behind the ball and hope to nick something and have changed how they play against us accordingly. We are now being closed down all over the pitch and the better teams quality means that we are not performing as we were when Potterball took them by surprise.

The honeymoon is over and we are struggling most games, which should not really be a surprise. It was good while it lasted but us having most of the possession is only going to happen against teams around us now. Potter is doing a good job but he’s new to this league and our players are not good enough to control games against many teams.

I feel that we may have made a rod for our own backs with the early season performances before other teams adjusted. There was so much disappointment about yesterday on here but were we really any worse than we have been away for 2 seasons? I think we are better but still not good enough to win against decent teams unless they have an off day. Everton were never going to be that team after their defeat against Liverpool’s kids.

We are in the mix and have a decent chance of going down but hopefully there are three teams that will do worse than us, we can’t afford to lose to them

Great post Icy.
Perfectly put.

The question is do we have the players?
Can Potter adapt?

I think there will be a lot of changes in playing personnel during the summer, and if we are to remain in this division, playing a more open style there will need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
there's still 16 games to play,it sounds alot
but most teams in the bottom 6 will lose half of them
so really 7 or 8 crucial games to pick up points
as we're pretty crap on the road these days
our home form will have to stand up to it

Villa
Watford
Palace
Arsenal
Man Utd
Liverpool
Man City
Newcastle

I'm more worried about the Villa & Watford games
both hit a bit of form and we don't want to be losing to sides around us

we always beat Palace,Man U & Arsenal at home :wink:

Liverpool would have already won the league,so will be concentrating on the CL (probably play a second string)

Man City would have already qualified for the CL and will want to win the FA Cup again (same as above)

Newcastle,well that will be a draw won't it

I think we're pull it off

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
the cherries next 4 games are

Watford,Norwich,Brighton &Villa

it's there get out of jail card time this season

failing that they're ****ed

hopefully it's the latter
And our next four are Villa, B'muff, West Ham and Watford. Bit of a get out of gaol time for us too.

Looking at the rest of the season, these are the sort of games we must be looking to get points from. We don't have to win all four, but if we only get one or two points (or less) from these four matches we'll be right in the sticky mix. Time to see how well Potter's team does when facing real pressure, as it will in these fixtures; last season we crumbled - can't afford to do it again.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
And our next four are Villa, B'muff, West Ham and Watford. Bit of a get out of gaol time for us too.

Looking at the rest of the season, these are the sort of games we must be looking to get points from. We don't have to win all four, but if we only get one or two points (or less) from these four matches we'll be right in the sticky mix. Time to see how well Potter's team does when facing real pressure, as it will in these fixtures; last season we crumbled - can't afford to do it again.

yeah agree with that

it's all very well dropping points to Man City & Liverpool

but we don't want to be giving points to teams around us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth.

Burnley to almost go and finish 4th bottom.

and another one, on the back of Dwayne predicting Bournemouth won't go down.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s glum tonight in the West Midlands.

0F400B2B-C3BC-4821-BB12-CA32CB6C35B4.png

Phoenix011

Nov 28, 2018
Can't see Villa and Bournemouth dragging themselves out of the relegation zone with their upcoming fixtures

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Key quote there "and us actually believing it". A disproportionate number of Villa fans really did believe that they would be brilliant in the PL (see Leeds for further reading).

In my experience, often arrogant fans. Until it goes belly up.

The quoted excitement over signing Bmuff reserve Mings stood out for me as strange for an absolutely humongous club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Villa spent around £136m after getting promoted. They are basically this seasons Fulham.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ha! No I didn’t. Burnley annoy me, really average players, rubbish to watch and I don’t like Dyche yet they keep picking up points! Think they will go down next season after Dyche leaves this summer though.

Good call, and I also suspect that a Burnley without Dyche will struggle. I'm not entirely convinced that a Dyche without Burnley will succeed in the PL either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here